X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    I am trustytrev.I hate all the stuff that gets thrown away nowadays just for the sake of replacing a few pence worth of components. I get a real thrill out of reviving computers and electronic equipment that people are discarding. As I have grandchildren I am always being asked to fix things. I like learning stuff and improving my abilities at sorting stuff out. I hope to increase my capabilities through the kind help of those more knowledgeable on this forum.
    trustytrev

Comment

Well, hello. This is my very first time in any forum. I've been advised on many occasions to try one out, but until now I never have. I also love to fix things. Fix ANYTHING! I love the challenge. I'll attempt nearly any challenge within reason. Whether it be a computer OS install or similar repair, brakes or oil change on a vehicle, fixing a broken screen on an iphone or ipad, repairing broken wiring or spicing together some wires to make something that I didn't happen to have already, or building shelves in a laundry room, patching and painting, sewing repairs, and basically I can come up with a fix or patch or idea usually for most any problem or broken whatever or a problem of most any kind. I just love to help, to fix, and to rescue. I'm well known for it! If you don't know what to do, or need help figuring it out or doing it, you can just call Jessica. I'll come and fix. I'm self taught. I have only an eighth grade education. I regret missing out on ever having any high school education or even just the whole high school experience, but we can't change what's already been done. So I now just try to pass on what I know to my three beautiful daughters. Working out too! My second daughter is an AP student in the top of her class, and trying to decide on which collage she will grace and compliment with her presents. Basically, I like to do and fix and learn on my own, and hate help really. But there always come a point or time where you can use a small push over a hurdle, and that's what has brought me to register with this forum tonight. I'm a little stuck on something, but I REFUSE to quit or give up!!! So here I am, and here I go on a new journey through unknown territory. Hoping to learn a new.

Comment

Hi, I stumbled across this forum looking for some rather elusive pinouts for an iMac PSU. I've been working in the IT industry for 15 years now and manage everything from tech support for my company's users to designing and implementing our full IT infrastructure. Outside of work I still muck around too much with technology but am also fumbling my way through both playing and making guitars.

Comment

I'm from Montreal, Canada and I'm a 65 year old who studied electronics in his younger days and worked in that sector for a long time. I'm retired now. My last job was managing a research and development laboratory in a known telecommunication cie here in Canada.

I like tinkering with anything electronic. Mostly the hardware side. Jack of all trades, master of none. My first PC was a Tandy TRS80 (The hard drive was a recording tape). I learned programming in BASIC on that machine, since then I'm hocked on electronics and computers..

I found and joined this online forum because I am trying to fix an issue on my LCD TV set (Olevia 747i).

Anyway, thanks to the the users who help others and share their knowledge.

Comment

I have been working in the electronics/computer field for a long time and like to fix stuff. my first computer was a self built Apple II. I found this forum looking for a solution to repair my neighbors Sony TV. So far no luck but a lot of good info here.
            Thanks to all who share their knowledge and experience here!

Comment

Hi, my name is vogie, an English guy living in Thailand. I'm am 66 years young. After a recent storm it managed to blow my tv and external speakers, so I thought this might be a good place to get some info.

Comment

Hi

My name is Martyn I am from the UK.

Here to get some tips on electronics...

Have a good day!

Comment

Hey, I'm Will.

I'd say I'm generally no stranger to the topics being discussed here, but it's always good to have help when you need it. I have a github (willcast) if you're interested in what I do. That said, I'm a bit lacking on the hardware side of things - I did a technical course on electronics, build my own PCs, and I built an amplifier from a project site a long time back, but I have next to no digital/display rework experience.

I hope I can at least be of help

Comment

Hi all, I'm Augusto from Spain.

I join the forum looking for wisdom and experience, the goal is learn something new each day ...

Thanks in advance to all, to give some precious time ...

Comment

Hello! I'm an electronics amateur whom at the moment is trying to fix a LCD monitor, thus here for more info on capacitors and how to identify which one I should be replacing.
                      Will probably pop in very occasionally; fixing electronics is fun and interesting but it's definitely not something I do on a regular basis. Thanks for the support in advance!

Comment

Hi all, i am Iliyan from Bulgaria.
                        I work as a computer technician for 4 years
                        I am here for knowledge and wisdom ..
                        same as Augusto01 .. my goal is learn something new each day ...
                        thanks

Comment

Hi - I've worked with electronics as long as I can remember, and I've done many repairs. Found the forum and want to join so I can get insight on items that are giving difficulty from those who have done it before and to provide input on anything I've encountered as well. This place looks like an awesome resource for information!

Comment

Hi, I'm Goran and I'm looking to learn more about TV components and troubleshooting. My background is in computers.

Comment

Hi, I'm James. I discovered the forum after being given a plasma tv that needs repairs.

Comment

Hi!

Name is Thomas, Swedish software developer. I found this forum while searching for a solution to an odd backlight issue on my LG LED TV. Will probably compose a little troubleshooting-help-post in the TV forum.

Comment

Hey! I'm here to introduce myself, I'm a highschooler who's looking to get into board repair. On a whim, I bought a lot of 16 macbooks off craigslist (for $20!), and an Asus zenbook. 13 out of the 16 macbooks need board repair, as well as the zenbook, so I'm trying to get the money to buy the equipment I need to actually do it. I'm a bit of a mac lover, but that's about the only Apple product I actually like. I'm android all the way as far as phones. I'm 15, about to get my permit, and I'm also trying to get into cars once I get money. I'm not from a really well of family, my mom's a single mother who's struggling to get by, and I want to start doing board repair in my area (since no one else does) to try and support her.

Comment

Originally posted by swimllamaswim View Post
                                    Hey! I'm here to introduce myself, I'm a highschooler who's looking to get into board repair. On a whim, I bought a lot of 16 macbooks off craigslist (for $20!), and an Asus zenbook. 13 out of the 16 macbooks need board repair, as well as the zenbook, so I'm trying to get the money to buy the equipment I need to actually do it. I'm a bit of a mac lover, but that's about the only Apple product I actually like. I'm android all the way as far as phones. I'm 15, about to get my permit, and I'm also trying to get into cars once I get money. I'm not from a really well of family, my mom's a single mother who's struggling to get by, and I want to start doing board repair in my area (since no one else does) to try and support her.
                                    Oops, forgot to include some stuff. My name is Bastian, I'm in south carolina. Looking forward to getting to know other users on here!

Comment

Hello my name is Kevin just trying to learn to work on tvs

Comment

hi everybody,
                                        my name is tony,im in canada and yes im french and english too.

im a computer technicien for the last 20 years,and im also électronic technicien for past 15 years.

i have a small repair shop in New-brunswick,canada in repairing computer and most all day électronics...

so i hope i will be able to used this site with all your experience,ect...to help me out in électronic repair.

hope to have a better chat with you guys soon.

Comment

Hello. I am new here and looking forward to getting a Samsung TV fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                          X