• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi to all

Comment

Hi all, trying to get back to my hobby of electronics...

Comment

Hello

Comment

Well I guess in order to post my query about a problem I'm having with a Plasma tv that was given to me, I have to post here first. I am doing that now. Thanks for being here. I hope y'all can help me get to the bottom of my issues. No not those issues. The one with my tv!

Comment

Hi everyone, like a lot people, I stumble into this forum because my TV is down and I need assistance. Thanks in advance for any help i will receive.

Comment

With help from badcaps, I was able to have my HP 3065 repaired. But I need some more expert advice. Will complete my profile and post my question in the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Comment

I have an HP LP3065 recently repaired, thanks to this forum, plus a Dell 2407WFP, both powered by a Gigabyte Radeon 7950. I will post a question about the HP in the appropriate forum.

Comment

I'm a retired HIgh School Physics teacher, I like to repair my own electronics when possible. I also repair old automotive test equipment (oscilloscopes, emission analyzers, etc) which are also prone to bad capacitor glitches. I'm not a pro, but I know how to use basic electronic equipment.

Comment

New guy here from Omaha, NE.

I stumbled across this form while google searching a banding and ghosting issue I am having with my Feb 2009-era Samsung LCD TV (Model Number: LN52A750). I found some good info from forum member "budm" so I thought I'd join to see what else I can learn.

My educational and vocational background is in mechanical engineering (earned my BSME in 2000). My primary job consists of GLHE design, commercial HVAC optimization and utility measurement and verification.

My hobbies include cars, computers and firearms. I have worked in desktop and laptop repair as a side job/hobby since the late ‘90s. I also enjoy automotive customization on both the mechanical side (boooooost) and electrical side (things that measure, log and control booooost) of things. I recently completed my first Honeywell Vista home security system installation as well.

This looks like a great forum so far. I know I have much to learn. I hope to one day contribute to future conversations but for now, I will probably just be snooping and asking questions of you more knowledgeable people.

Comment

Hello. I'm Seksys.

i'm a tinkerer. i get peoples junk all the time and i turn it into treasure. I have been acquiring the same brand of defective TV's and i finally found a new problem with one i couldn't figure out. Aaaaand that brings me here. this seems like a knowledgeable community and share a similar "fix-it" attitude.

I look forward to learning and teaching here.

Comment

Hello everybody! Just ran into website while trying to find details about ripple current ratings on capacitors.

Comment

hello everyone jeff from alabama, i look forword to interacting with everyone

Comment

Greetings, I am bit of a "Junker" picked up a dead 50" plasma, seeking some help on it

Comment

I m TARIQ MAHMOOD MY OWN SHOP NEW TRANSFORMER UPS AND STABLAIZER 25 YEAR OLD MY OWN WORKSHOP

Comment

Hi to all members and admin! my name is dexter from the middle east. I want to learn how to troubleshoot LCD monitor so that I can save money from buying a new one!

Comment

Hello, I'm Daniel from Norway, I pick up dead electronics and tries to fix it myself. I joined because I need help repairing a dell monitor

Comment

Hello All!
                                    I am Ryan, aka MrLemmy from the Great White North aka Canada! I am a third year Electronics Engineering Technologist student attempting to broaden my knowledge field and gain some more understanding of trouble shooting. (This is because my college doesn't teach jack all about this) I am very interested in electronics been tinkering with them for about 10 years now, still am not very good at programming, have been playing around with Arduino and such. Here's to learning and solving problems! Cheers!

Comment

hello,i am new,nice to meet you allll........

Comment

Thocunn here. I am an electronics tech with a formal education and 30 years of experience. I quit for about 3 years, due to health issues, and the whole industry changed! My main current interest, as a retired old fart, is just repairing the current batch of television equipment. I have found that anything I cannot figure out on my own, I can find on forums! This one, in my humble opinion, is the BEST! Thanks for letting me join in the fun.

Comment

Hi All,

I'm Jeff from Cambridge England.

I have a managed to break the LED backlight on a lap top screen (probably by blowing a fuse on the motherboard) and I want to fix it! :-(

The laptop is a Samsung NP550P7C and I am hoping some members will be able to point me in the right direction!

Here hoping!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                          X