X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,
    Got many useful tips off here whilst repairing stuff, mainly PC monitors and TV, so thought it was time to sign up
    Cheers!
    Rich

Comment

Hi,
      I had a 40 inch tv give to me that stopped working after a power outage and uses this website to diagnose what needed to be replaced. But i broke a part and don't know what the part is so I'm signing up to ask

Comment

Hey new to badcaps obviously, I have been enjoying the scope of the forums though for a while. I'm into building and repairing tube amps. I enjoy working with electronics and troubleshooting (probably my favorite part). Mess with it all from computers to i/o boards , microprocessors and even broadcast transmitters which takes me to my job. Completely self taught in my adventures so every project is full of learning. While I'm not gonna be a genius here I can be helpful.

Comment

Hii ...

I recently revive my LCD that has badcaps on it . so I just wanted to thank you for you guys that inform me ...while I like to learn from all of you !

best wishes to you all

Comment

Hi all! New member here. Looking forward to being a part of this community! :-)

Comment

Hi all,
              My name is David, got my first computer as a kid in 1989 768k, yes k of ram and that was after the upgrade (no simm's on the mobo dip chips) no HDD, two 5.25in floppy drives and I think it was CGA graphics.
              Found this place after a friends Dell 690 keep crashing randomly, and that is could be bad caps; and sure enough all of the vrm caps where bad along with a couple others. Wanting to fix it renewed my interest in electronics (along with finding the EEV blog and videos). I've since fixed a projector - bad caps, DeWalt battery charger - varistor & fuse, and an lcd monitor - bad caps. I'm now learning about electronics and micro controllers (Atmel and pic) on my own, and having fun doing it.

Comment

Hi All

My names ben and well i work with computers but found this site looking for a way to repair my plasma which is still in need of repair but im getting there

Comment

Hi to all !

I like badcaps forum and I want to learn much as possible.

Best greetings from Bosnia !

Comment

Just a quick note as a way of introduction into your forum. I found your community by searching for fault finding advice on Sony laptop problems I have been having recently. This forum was a great help without even posting any questions of my own.
                    I was originally an aircraft avionics technician, but now my time is spent on avionics systems engineering, including communications, RADAR, cockpit instrumentation and flight management systems.
                    I look forward to interacting with your forum members as much as possible not only to solve problems of my own, but also in providing advice to others.

Comment

Hello, I'm mainly looking for specs for caps from around here.

Comment

Hello,
                        I have Panasonic 50" Plasma TV that stopped working and have found a couple things to look at.

Comment

Hello, Mike here from down in the armpit of Canada ! Was scouring the internet for info an LG LCD of my neighbours and found you. Very excited at the wealth of info and knowledge here.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi all, long time forum user and car junkie.

Comment

Hi My Username is Jabbba, actual name is Mark.
                              I have worked repairing all manner of electronics for the past 30 years, I now work as a Pawnbroker, which means lazy staff and faulty items, I reckon your forum whilst not strictly necessary will save me a lot of diagnostic work and maybe i will have a few insights for you all, hope we can all help each other

Comment

Hello everyone I have enjoyed this site. My friends call me T. I have been working on electronics since 1995 I also operated a small electronic repair business I look foward to getting more knowledge as well as providing some.

Comment

Hi all! Been building PCs going on 30+ yrs from way back when you had to install individual chips for your memory, "We Don't Need No Stinkin' DIMMS". Got tons of old PC parts hither and yon (Sorry, it's all personal stash). My area of expertise is DAWs or "Digital Audio Workstations", primarily ProTools, but I'll occasionally do other flavors for friends in Memphis & Nashville, TN. Lot's of good info here and it's nice to meet ya! Oh! Almost forgot; Ladies may call me "Sugar", but fellas call me Mr. Nutz (I've had my handle since before the internet and NO, Al Gore didn't give it to me).

Comment

Hello,

I am a computer engineer for lack of a better term who performs causation on equipment. That is I determine why it fails. I really appreciate this forum and its vast array of knowledge to trace down known issues where capacitors are concerned. Many models with issues go unnoticed in the IT community but the capacitor issues we see do not escape the notice of those here.

Comment

Hi there,

I've browsed this forum in the past with all its info, though I have a difficult problem now.

Hope you can help

Regards.

Comment

hello to all my name is gareth and im a heating engineer from the uk im married with 3 kids,chickens and ducks lol. back in 99 i completed an nvq 2 in electronics and have completed a few home projects my bigest being an 500 watt power amp from G.Randy slones book will post some pics some time. i love building and fixing pcs and like to play games on them to. i have had a few products before with bad caps and they have lead me here hopefully when i am able to start a thread some of u guys will be able to help me

Comment

Hello to everybody, username is Lagouzas, but real name is Lazaros. I run a laptop service store in Greece and I would thank everybody for sharing his knowledge about these creeping machines! I'm a Greek 27 years old, and quite new to the electronics world... never too late I think!
                                          Seing is Believing

Comment

Working...
                                          X