This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello peeps, my name is Tony from England. I try to repair electrical items in my spare time although my success rate at the moment is erm lets say ok!!!!

Comment

Hello everyone! I was searching for help with my Tannoy reveal studio monitors, and I came across this site, i found lots of useful information so I signed up.
      I am a guitarist from Winterpeg, Canada and I am currently mixing a recording that I performed all instruments on, and one of my studio monitors died, just 4 months after warranty expired.. I think I can fix it with your help. See you in the forums!
      Hat

Comment

Hi,

My name is Tony and I am a new member. Of course I have a problem with my Plasma LG 60PG30 TV and am looking forward to getting some help.

This Forum looks like the place to be for knowledge and am very grateful to have stumbled onto it.

Thanks In Advance!!

Comment

hello from spain , is a Little technical to repair mobile phone and lcd, thanks to solve my question

Comment

Hello Everyone, I live in the bush way out in Bella Coola, BC in Canada. I am a computer tech but just started into fixing tv's and computer monitors to see if i can (so far so good). Now i noticed posts on here about doing the same for dead laptop motherboards so, I'm in on that... hope to find information this while i'm here. Just by chance I found the site while looking for a replacement board but then bumped into a thread about repairing a dead laptop.

So, looking in on how to fix a b53j laptop main board.. need to find the schematics and then take the next steps.

Thanks for opening the door for me.

Lhlalyam

Comment

Hi everybody. I have a diploma in electrical engineering technology and fix tv's and other electronics for friends as a hobby.

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a problem with a Westinghouse LD-4655VX TV and found this site were members have provided a lot of information and help. I hope they can help me, or at least tell me the TV is toast. I am semi-retired but have dabbled in electronics all my life.

Comment

Have a nice day everybody.
                  I'm here to learn a lot from you.
                  Mainly, for now, to repair my faulty monitor Samsung p2470hd.
                  Power and Inverter board BN44-00226h type: ip-58155a
                  T-conn / main board BN96-12470a type: auo-766a
                  My opinion based on internet forums:
                  It's the inverter.
                  It have a good start with image for just 1 second, after that it goes black
                  with the image visible in a dark room with a ligth towards to the screen.

Comment

Ok so here I am. My name is Scooter (oops, I mean Mark) and I'm from California. I'm an Aircraft Mechanic (but not working as one) as I'm currently fixing my TV and everything else that breaks. Anyway, I'm also PC repair literate and recently replaced the bad caps on my 40" Samsung. Good deal as it only cost $10 to fix. The cheapest LCD I'll probably get my grubby paws on. Anyway, I'll start posting my current issue on a 46" Sony in a bit but first got to grab my favorite tool. Honey, where is my hammer!

Comment

Hello all yous guys I think you are great keep up the good work

Comment

Hello all, newbie here because my Sony Bravia KDL-52W5100 HDTV powers on (sort of) but doesn't have any picture or sound. I have gotten a wealth of info from this site to help me try to troubleshoot the problem, which is much appreciated because I have never worked on a tv before, but have repaired printers and computers. Anyway, my research has just led me to more questions that I hope some of you experts can help me solve. I hope to post more info on this problem soon. Thanks in advance for a great website!

Comment

Hello and what's that electronic burning smell?

I'm 44 and have worked in IT from 16, starting with DEC PDP mainframes. Enjoy taking things apart and in older age don't enjoy trying to remember how they go back together. Now that there are so many resources available on the internet, starting to learn more about electronics and components after spending many years looking at broken system components going "that looks fecked" and posting to the skip.

Cheers,
                          Gareth.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, My name is Daniel and I'm from Romania.I'm an electrician, as I'm currently fixing my lcd monitor L90D+.I'm here to learn a lot from you.Have a nice day everybody.

Comment

Hoping to solve my Vizio TV issue here. I have been reading a lot! Great place!!

Comment

Hello all,
                                  My name is Vern Haynes,
                                  I am a computer tech, have been for over 15 years now, started as a hobby and has turned into a business for me after I finished my business degree.

I wandered into this site while looking for options on repairing some mostly dead, a few cracked LCD panels. Everywhere I looked I was finding a zero profit solution (parts cost what you could sell them for) so I was not happy.

I plan to delve into the stickies, forums, etc. with hopes of finding some answers on fixing these units.

I hope to see you all in the forums!

Comment

First time trying to fix my plasma... Learned some great stuff here now just trying to diagnose my exact problem.

Comment

hi I am new on this site, and also as a technical guy.... so I will make I lot of mistake and I will lose a lot of money but at the end I will be able to resolve my problem

Comment

hello all, will figure this out and become friendly

Comment

Hello! I've got te Bad Caps blues... Glad I found your forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X