Compaq EVO P4 1.7ghz bad Nichi HM(M)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compaq EVO P4 1.7ghz bad Nichi HM(M)

Just had an emergency recap at work. System in the payroll department decided to start locking up today. No previous problems. Took the case off to find that 4 of the 10 VRM caps were domed.

An interesting layout, with the slanted SDRAM slots. Must've been an early 478 P4, since it even uses SDRAM.

Closer of the bad HM(M)s

Looks better with Sammy 2200uf 10v (all I had in stock in 2200uf's, originals were 6.3v)
    Ludicrous gibs!

Re: Compaq EVO P4 1.7ghz bad Nichi HM(M)

see these all the time.
    very common failure.the little evo sff units are even worse since they run hotter.

Comment

Dood, how about that PSU?
      Did it look OK?
      Jim

Comment

Jim- I didn't crack the PSU... I should have but I was in a hurry... there's another one of these identical machines in payroll... I'll be checking that one out for caps, but I can't interrupt the person to take it all the way down and check the PSU. I'll see if I can finagle it, though. I like to keep the people who cut the checks happy....
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Date code on the HM's??
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
            Date code on the HM's??
            H0147

I checked the other identical system in that department, and it has Ruby's in the VRM instead of the Nichi's. So far, so good with that one.
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Working...
            X