Shorted mother board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorted mother board

Plz friends I need vivid explanation on how to detect short mobo with a multimeter I up 5 different mobo on my desk with similar problem. When try to check 19v every thing is short, a been trying to figure out the problem of this boards no luck. Plz assist the knowledge seeker

Re: Shorted mother board

Most of the shorted board when connected to power a particular part of the board heat up. Plz help fix the problem

Comment

You need to check(with schematics) which line is shorted, then remove jumpers/coils etc one by one and see if short goes away. Then you can find the exact area where the short is .

Dont you have a bench psu??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
        You need to check(with schematics) which line is shorted, then remove jumpers/coils etc one by one and see if short goes away. Then you can find the exact area where the short is .

Dont you have a bench psu??
        Yes there is psu

Comment

use it to power the mainboard, if i may recomend, remove all components that can be removed (ex. ram, wifi card & processor) before applying power using bench psu.

set the voltage on the psu between 12-15v and 2-3A to avoid further damage on the board, while power applied to board (of course it will show shorts on psu), use your hand to find hot components and becarefull, because it can be extremely hot on components that causing shorts

Comment

Working...
          X