X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi, I signed here by a while, but now I want to post
    I'm trying to improve my skills in fixing electronic devices, I have a lot to learn.
    I started repairing tracks, then replacing capacitors, maybe a transistor, and now I wish to troubleshot motherboard issues (IC, SMD, etc.).
    I have a million of question to ask, but where I can I'll try to help the community

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello guys, my name is Austin and I am college student. I came here to get support on how to fix my tv. This is the first forum that I've ever really been a part of so I would really appreciate y'alls help.

Thanks,
      Austin

Comment

Hi... I am Sanjib, from Bangladesh. I am work on Microcontroller and embedded circuit... I am so happy to join this large family.... I am newcomer here so need your help. Thank you all....

Comment

Argent help please...

Dell inspiron N4050 laptop ac adapter light turns off -

I have a dell inspiron N4050 , last night
          the battery charge was around 7% and I tried plugin the power adapter .As soon as charger plugged in the machine went off and blue indicator light in the charger also went off.

I couldn't boot the laptop again both with and without charger.

I also tried removing the battery and tried still when I plug the charger the blue light goes off.

I tried the followings.

Removed battery
          Pressed power button for about 60 sec.
          Inserted the battery.
          Tried power on without charger
          And then with charger(again charger blue light goes off).
          Still no luck....

-------------------------------------------------
          Is the mother board dead? :-(
          I guess any capacitor shorted, but I am not sure....
          Is there any other suggestions I can try?

Comment

Dell inspiron N4050 laptop ac adapter light turns off -

I have a dell inspiron N4050 , last night
            the battery charge was around 7% and I tried plugin the power adapter .As soon as charger plugged in the machine went off and blue indicator light in the charger also went off.

I couldn't boot the laptop again both with and without charger.

I also tried removing the battery and tried still when I plug the charger the blue light goes off.

I tried the followings.

Removed battery
            Pressed power button for about 60 sec.
            Inserted the battery.
            Tried power on without charger
            And then with charger(again charger blue light goes off).
            Still no luck....

Is the mother board dead? :-(
            I guess any capacitor shorted, but I am not sure....
            Is there any other suggestions I can try?
            sanjibbackup@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Folks,

The name here is Des and I have joined this forum because of the high standard of the technical postings I have been reading here. My prime interest is radio but like most enthusiasts I have an interest in all things technical.

I recently scrapped an old plasma tv since it was quite old, beyond economical repair and used energy like there was no tomorrow. But I was interested in how the plasma display connections are arranged and would like to "fire-up" a few pixels just to satisfy my curiosity. After reading a number of excellent posts on this forum about how plasma tv's operate I felt this may be the place to learn more.

Regards,

electroyeti

Comment

Hi there i have more than 3000 datasheets just ask for yours

Comment

New humble guy looking for help with my tv :-)

Comment

My name is Luigi, I graduated as an Electrician/Electronic Engineer in Italy in 1970. I immigrated to Canada in 1972 where I found a job repairing TV, Radios, VCR, and other various electronic equipment. In 1985 I found a better job outside the electronic field and just retired. Having a lot of time ahead of me I want to go back in the electronic field as a hobbyist.

Comment

Hello All- I just joined this forum to help assist me with repair of my Yamaha RX 720 receiver. I am a DIY guy if I can save money. On the receiver, Zone 1 plays radio just fine. I can't hear sound at all on Zone 1(4 speakers). I removed one wire from Zone 2, plugged it into Zone 1 and heard radio sound. Tried every setting on the remote I can think of. Any help with Zone 1 would be greatly appreciated.
                      Thanks!
                      J

Comment

Hi everyone

Comment

Hi all,

I am Denis aka Barefoot Mechanic, aka Ice_Juice_Turbo. As these names may suggest, I am a car guy, I have been one for a long time. Nowadays, being a car guy also means being an electronic wiz...
                          I will try to fix anything and I came upon this Forum because of a broken big screen TV which was given to me because it keeps shutting itself off... Thanks to this group, I have some ideas on how to fix it.
                          I will keep you up to date with my progress.

Cheers

Denis

Comment

Mjello,

Signed up to get help re-capping my humming Monitor Audio RSW12 subwoofer.

I have fiddled a bit with electronics since 7th grade (many moons ago, now), but have never really been any good at it. I know my way computers, though. I am programmer and have assembled most of my computers myself.

Anyways, happy to be here and thanks to all for their contributions - I have already found a thread about re-capping my sub and now I can also see the images. :-)

Comment

I am a retired computer engineer who started out as an electronics engineer in the mid seventies when hybrid tv's and valve amplifiers were still in use. I established a computer repair section for my employers in the early eighties and retired 6 years ago as the head of a University IT Department. I found this forum while looking for some information about the power supply in my ageing Samsung LCD tv set. I have repaired a fair few of these modern sets, mainly failed electrolytic but, this time there is clearly a short somewhere and a diagram was required. So far so good, I think I am going to like it here.

Comment

Hello. Ran across this forum while searching to repair an Anker USB charger. Appears to document a great deal of useful info. Good to be aboard.

Comment

Hey Gang
                                  I joined because after 2 days of web searching I can't unequivocally get an answer on why my LG 47LB5900 TV screen (and menu screens) are flashing. It can only be 1 of 4 things: T-con, power board, main board or LCD backlights. I don't think it's the backlights, they are all flashing and doesn't look like any are dead. the boards aren't cheap so I really don't want to order all 3 if I don't have to. I took power readings and they seem to be in tolerance. I'm sure there's an easy answer but I can't find it.

Oh and something about me...I'm 1 of 5 girls and my Dad wanted me to be a boy so I built circuits, radios and all kinds of electronic gadgets as a kid. I was the only female Jr Ham in my high school and even though I was a big dork, I got a lot of dates because the other Hams and gadget guys were dorkier than me. I wrote my first program in BASIC on a teletype that spit out the program on paper tape. In college, my first FORTRAN program was on punch cards. I was 1 of 2 girls in my Engineering program in college in 1980 (before most of you were born). I have enough old electronic junk in my garage to start a museum.

Anyone got an easy answer for my TV problem? Sadly the work of great companies I worked for has all been outsourced, so I don't have access to a great lab like I used to :-( I still have my solder station, meters, tools etc. though.

thanks!

Comment

Hello all. Hoping to learn something about repairing my LG 49UF6430 4K TV.

Comment

Hello! Bought a Craigslist TV with a lamp error, and almost every search I've done for it that has had some valuable info has come from here. I hope I can pick your guy's brains to get this figured out ,as well as other projects to come!

Comment

hi hello im new here to badcaps thanks for this helpfull forum and i do all my best to this forum to help everyone thanks admin for accepting me god bless to all

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm hoping to learn more about computer repair.

Comment

Working...
                                          X