X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,

The first time I touched a computer was when I was an On-the-job Trainee on a Company, and it was a PC/XT. I cannot afford to buy a computer at that time since I was still a student. Then the Company had PC/AT (80286), 386, 486, Pentium. Then I moved from one company to another where I touch each PC generation that comes out.

Part of my hobbies I fix laptops whenever I get a broken one - some of them are just thrown in office bins, some from the scrapyards, and some given by friends. I never had an Apple until I picked one from the Bin (it was still fresh, the owner didn't know the problem was a hard drive ).

I am glad to find this site and become a member of this group.

Comment

hidehideho

Comment

Hi all,

Im from the Netherlands. Have been repairing some TV's as a hobby, nothing serious. I've been getting better and better so it's time to become a member here so I can help other people and get some help myself.

See you on the forum, thanks!

Comment

Oh...

Comment

Name: Fr05t T Byt3
            Loc: Central, FL
            Op: This site will be the foundation on which I will build my path to enlightenment.

Comment

Hi guys new here trying to help fix girlfriends plasma

Comment

Hello all, I'm another electron pusher joining the forum to be a part of something bigger than myself. Hopefully, my occasional ramblings will be of some use to another member.

..... those were the droids you were looking for ......

Comment

While there is a limit to how bad a Cap can get,there seems to be no limit to how good you guys at badcaps forum can get.I am an EE from the city of Hyderabad in Telangana,India. While trying to understand the possible problems in delayed turn on of LG 26LC7R-TB, I chanced across this forum and was encouraged to open the TV and attempt some PSU repair. I have some experience in embedded systems and EMC. I am basically a hardware guy having played some games with good old leaded TDAs, STKs, LM ICs and VFDs of the audio world in the Elektor-BYTE-RE-CC way.

Comment

Hello, repair tech and security enthusiast. I've become the intrepid designated board level repair guy by volunteering myself because it's interesting.

Still have a lot to learn and basically self teaching myself. I have to pretty much prove myself in order to convince the owners to get better equipment and to start accepting more complicated board level repairs so here I am

Comment

Hello Guys,

My Name is Hamid joining in from Pakistan. Joined this forums to get help with my Denon AV receiver repair.

Hope I would get good advice.

Comment

Hi - I'm new to this, but as an old software engineer (programmer) and now a systems analyst, I'd like to get into the hardware side a bit more. I'm currently trying to repair a LED TV (Sony Bravia) - hoping I can get some tips on how to diagnose a t-con board - Jeremy

Comment

Hello guys Im Robert Wadford a 79 year old man with no electronic skills at all , I have always been in the auto parts business until last December when i had a stroke .Now i have started trying to repair TVs to keep from going stark raving mad .So here i am trying to learn a new trick ,kind of like an old dog its hard but not impossible . I,d appreciate your patience and i"ll try not to worry you too much. Thank you all for accepting me,

Comment

i am new member to this forum but i like this forum because most of new updates are updated here and also i have to post some new updates on this forum.

Comment

Hello,

I'm a hobbyist who stumbled on this forum and was instantly enchanted. I do somehow end up performing component-level repairs on a lot of household and work items, so it seems like a great resource you've got going here. I've registered to really dig down into the rabbit hole.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi trying to get activated to post new thread.

Comment

Hi,

I am new to the community. I have been involved in electronics for over 30 years as a technician working with computers, television, audio and the occasional odd project.

There are continual advances in technology that make this a constant learning process and it's nice to find a forum with open interchange of thought and suggestions to help those of us that might be out of touch with the latest advancements.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum!

Thanks to all,

Joe

Comment

Hey dudes, Registered here to look for info on fixing the caps on a 2232gw power board.

Found some good stuff so far, but I might ask a question or 2 soon.

Comment

Hi! I found very useful info about LSI MegaRaid (IBM MR10i) iBBU replacement.
                                      Especially useful info is how to reset Full Charge Capacity (FCC), Last Measured Discharge, Cycle Count and other params in EEPROM for bq2060a: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ge=2&styleid=8

Comment

this forum is good trying to find the dnp012a chip, and google goes here..thank you

Comment

Hi to all friends of the forum. My name is Jerry and I have been dealing with electronic / computer repairs for several years. I apologize to my English not perfect. In my work, I'm dealing with rework bga, laptop repair (chip level).
                                          I've always been passionate about technology and eletronics.
                                          Congratulations to the forum, great reference for repairs

Comment

Working...
                                          X