Cap diffrence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap diffrence

Can anyone tell me if there is anything special about the Dark blue Nichicon capacitor here because I have 2 apricot motherboards and all the 68uf 10v caps are light grey items and made by Cosonic except that is for one single 68uf 10v cap made by nichon. This single Nichicon cap is the exact same cap number on both boards which means this must be something special needed for that part of the circuit I presume, but just what's so special that it needs this certain cap. .See attached pictures of the two caps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by roadrash; 06-05-2017, 11:54 AM.

Re: Cap diffrence

they are both general low grade caps.
    the 85' temp rating is the givaway.

Comment

I uploaded a manual on your other post, see if it matches your model. There is a 68uf/10 volts is across the +5 volt line

And another one in the audio out section, C6 used for dc blocking and coupling the audio into Y17
      Last edited by R_J; 06-05-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        they are both general low grade caps.
        the 85' temp rating is the givaway.
        Also, axial caps aren't exactly low impedance. The longer leads increase the ESL of the parts. I think I have seen non-polarized 'lytics with axial leads.

In this particular case, my guess is that the application was general purpose, and the axial parts had a lower height than radial parts when installed on the PCB.

More than 30 years of life is pretty decent for GP 'lytics.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
        X