This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello to all, my name is Gabriel i've currently a repair lab in Argentina. Hope to meet new colleagues here and share experiences.

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi to everyone on badcaps.com, my name is Paul and i started in electronic's as a child both with taking broken electrical item's apart, well not all broken and my parent's got sick of finding me taking house hold item's to bit's so got me the old 50 in 1 kit's where you built everything by connecting wires between spring's ect

I actually now spend time repairing/modifying audio gear and other DIY projects

Comment

Hello everybody, it's a great pleasure to be part of this forum. i hope it will help me in solving most the complicated issues associated with my career. l'm into laptops chips level repairs . thank

Comment

Hi folks,

I live in South Carolina (USA) where I keep busy as a land surveyor.

My first computer was an IBM clone with an 80286 chip and a math co-processor. It had a 20mb hard drive and a 5 1/2" floppy. It ran on DOS and I used IBMDOS, DRDOS (Digital Research) and of course MSDOS.
          It came with one mb of ram which was mostly taken up by the operating system and had another whole mb of ram on a separate chip. My application was Autocad and I dabbled in writing Autolisp to make some nifty surveying routines for surveying tasks.

My hobby is diy audio. I like to build vacuum tube amplifiers and solid state (class A, class AB and class D). Replacing power supply caps on inexpensive Asian class D amplifiers brought me to this forum.

Redd Kneck

Comment

Hi everyone, My name is Henry, I am from South Africa, now staying in Brandon, Manitoba Canada. I like to try to do some small component level repair stuff, and would enjoy all the good info from the guys that know a lot more.

I started with Microsoft back in the old days with DOS 3.0, lost my appetite for Microsoft along the way, and is now a vivid Apple fan.

Thank you very much for accepting me on this forum. I will adhere to all forum rules, and will try to be of some assistance if possible.

Thank you once again

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi, South African dude. Struggling with some failing MacBook Pros, so went searching for specific board files and stumbled on here.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm new here. Having power issues with my samsung tv. Possibly bricked.....

Comment

Hello, am Machinist from Ghana. Iike to build stuff and repair them too.

Comment

Hi everyone I'm just starting out so apologies if some of my posts seem a little dumb. I've been interested in component repair for years but have finally decided to get involved and so far things seem to be going well.

Comment

Теплый привет из холодной, но очень дружелюбной России.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello to all,
                            My Name is Constantin, I‘m 28 years old and I‘m from south Germany.
                            In the last months I started to repair laptops.
                            Since it is also necessary to repair some of them on component level I decided to register here to learn more.
                            King Regards
                            Constantin

Comment

Hello. I was referred to this Forum by Shop Jimmy.com. I hope I can find help with a Vizio TV that I'm not ready to throw out just yet. Thanks!

Comment

Found this forum while searching for solutions to an issue with a Sharp TV. I've always been tinkering with various things, and not wanting to "throw out" this one year old TV figured maybe we can find a fix. I will be searching the site extensively...

-Ashton

Comment

Our repair shop is slowly adding new services for board-level repairs, and this site looks like a great resource for our needs, in order to quickly and effectively resolve complex issues. We've long swapped parts, but now we're seeing that quite a bit of business escapes us by declining to assist with component failures. We appreciate all of the help provided by the repair community, and hope to contribute as we learn! Thank you for your generosity!

Comment

Hello everyone. Feels nice to find an online community where all kinds of technical jargon is welcomed! I'm self taught electronics repair man and I am here to share what I know and to learn everything else I don't know.

Comment

Hello guys anyone out there able to share BRD file 820-00840-A ??
                                      I bought the schematic on some Chinese site but I cannot find the BRD

Comment

Hello from Canada, found the site through some google searches while attempting to repair a TV.

Comment

Hello I'm looking forward to using this forum as a technical resource for my home projects. I'm a EE, but I only get to work at hardware at home as my job is paper oriented, although technical. My interests include PC's arduinos, Raspberry Pi, robotics, 3d printing (have a Tevo Tarantuala), etc.

Comment

Working...
                                          X