Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech Z-5500 recap and speaker connection mod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Logitech Z-5500 recap and speaker connection mod.

Hello!
    I just opened up my z5500 console and i was wondering if there are some caps that can be changed for a better sound. I am planing to change the op amps anyway with some LM4562MA. Here are some pictures
    The first one - the opamps 6 of them R45801(I) i cant say the last letter is 1 or i, anyway :http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...TI/R4580I.html
    The second one the entire back side pcb where all the key components are (DSP -- CS 494003-CQZ, DAC-- CS 5351 KZZ, CS42526-- i don't know what this is..)
    The third one detail of the DACs.
    You can also see the caps in the console. Does it worth replacing some of them?
    I have more pistures taken if you want some more just say so.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

So the 4700uF, 25V, is that the power supply cap? Should I use the low ESR cap to replace it or should I leave it alone? Also, if it's the power supply cap, does it hurt to use a bigger capacity cap that is higher than 4700uF, 25V? Would replacing this cap matter to the sounds?

Thanks,

Comment

Would you list the steps to get at the capacitors? I cannot seem to get to the bottom of the circuit board to unsolder the capacitors.
        Thanks.

Comment

you might run into a problem, its called voiding your warranty. Normally, I would not care, hell I would be the first to do so. However, the Z-5500 eventually runs into a problem with the console. Where it the backlight on the lcd eventually dies, and sometimes it locks up when taking a optical input when you first turn it on. Mine does so and i'm not the only one.
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

please can someone tell me the values of the resistances r21 and r22 in the mainboard of sub i really apreciate this i can give 10$ if some one send me a clear picture

Comment

Working...
            X