Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heres the deal.

Originally posted by steve2 View Post
    If you know someone at the geek squad where you work, they may be able to solder it for you.
    Geek Squad, and solder? You can't be serious.....
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Sorry.. I may be lost.. So dont replace all 12...??

Comment

They will be marked with ???UF which is the capacitance. They will have 85c or 105c for the temp range. Usually have a series FC, Fm , Hm, etc. You would want to try to match that series or upgrade it. Then you have the voltage rating which is how many volts it can handle. I didn't figure to take the whole tv in to geek squad. Just the board with the bad caps.

I saw the 105c; GL 105c...

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
          I've already spotted these capacitors in that corner, replace just the bloaters with good quality capacitors, all you need are the uF and voltage info. Rest will last for long time.

I have done this for a living.

Cheers, Wizard
          Im still not sure what are bloated and which arent...

Comment

I assume you do have fingers, otherwise you couldn't type. If you bothered to put your finger on the top of the caps you would have realized which are bloated on your own (as if it weren't obvious with visual inspection only).
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

thats a 15 minute job for me.
              use panasonic fm or equivilant.all the capxon's on the secondary side of the transformers gotta go.
              this is an incredibly simple job.do a bit of reading here then go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                I assume you do have fingers, otherwise you couldn't type. If you bothered to put your finger on the top of the caps you would have realized which are bloated on your own (as if it weren't obvious with visual inspection only).
                Dude.. This is the first time I have ever looked inside of a TV, I appreciate the help but maybe try to scrape off a layer of attitude... I tried not to touch those things because I didnt know if it was okay too... I didnt know if they were all different sizes on purpose.. Thats why I'm here is cuz I dont know (as if it weren't obvious).

Comment

Deleted.
                  Last edited by marinesman215; 02-04-2011, 08:09 PM. Reason: Dumb post

Comment

I fixed a Samsung very similar to this with bad caps:
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9651

Samsung seems to be the most plague ridden name brand in the last few years. Most of my threads I have started on BCN are about Samsung products! Which is a shame because their products seems well built. They just keep cutting corners on the caps.

Comment

Originally posted by bluto View Post
                      I fixed a Samsung very similar to this with bad caps:
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9651

Samsung seems to be the most plague ridden name brand in the last few years. Most of my threads I have started on BCN are about Samsung products! Which is a shame because their products seems well built. They just keep cutting corners on the caps.
                      Yea, I was just looking.. it seems there are 5 caps I need to replace.. Should I replace them all.. I was looking at both the FC and FM series... does it matter which one I use.. I dont understand all the Related Voltage Range, and the Normal Cap range.. If I'm looking for similarity the FC series seems to be closest to the spec of the GL Capxon caps I have now....

Comment

I've never been to geek squad. I just figured they had someone that soldered some things.

Comment

I've never been to geek squad. I just figured they had someone that soldered some things.
                          Who needs geek squad when you can do it yourself? haha

Comment

Haha. Well, the Navy taught me that as soon as I finished boot camp in 79. 20 + years repairing aircraft and the boxes that came out of em. Learn to use alot of test equipment.

Comment

Thats even better I'm trying to get the NROTC scholarship for Marine Corps.

Comment

Originally posted by marinesman215 View Post
                                Yea, I was just looking.. it seems there are 5 caps I need to replace.. Should I replace them all.. I was looking at both the FC and FM series... does it matter which one I use.. I dont understand all the Related Voltage Range, and the Normal Cap range.. If I'm looking for similarity the FC series seems to be closest to the spec of the GL Capxon caps I have now....
                                I would replace them all with FC. The voltage on the replacement should be equal or higher than the one you are replacing. An easy way to search for them on digikey.com is to type in something like "FC 1000uf 16v" in their search box if you were looking for an FC series, 1000uf 16v cap. You should get 4 hits on that search. Ignore the 2 surface mount versions and you will see that there are two choices for FC series 1000uf, 16v. The only difference between the two is the size. Just substitute the uf and v numbers in the search with the ones that you read off of the bad caps and you can't lose.

Comment

Like bluto says, replace them all. It's only a couple $ for the others also. Better than the tv messing up again in the future to see the other caps bloated. Good luck with the NROTC. The Marines are always looking for a few good men cause they haven't found any yet. haha. Just kidding. Navy and Marines always kidded each other, but worked well together.

Comment

Navy, Navy I'm in doubt, at why your bellies are sticking out,
                                    Is it whiskey or is it wine?
                                    Or is it a lack of PT Time!

Favorite Cadence...

Comment

We had too much work to do keeping the jets flying off the carriers to have time to PT. Never cared too much for whiskey or wine. I spent 90% of the money I made on beer and women. I wasted the rest. Port visits were great.

Comment

Well....for a one time job, or maybe you'll want to do more of it, a $15 soldering iron from Radio Shack, a $3 spool of solder wick, and $3 in capacitor is good.

Do you have to give the TV back? Or can you keep it....?

Comment

Originally posted by marinesman215 View Post
                                          Dude.. This is the first time I have ever looked inside of a TV, I appreciate the help but maybe try to scrape off a layer of attitude... I tried not to touch those things because I didnt know if it was okay too...
                                          Important keywords have been mentioned in here before you asked this. You should have used them. If you looked for "bloated capacitors" on google you would have found lots of pictures showing things similar to what you have in your TV. That way you wouldn't have had a problem with my attitude.
                                          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
                                          X