Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS ROG GX531GW Motherboard troubleshooting .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS ROG GX531GW Motherboard troubleshooting .

Hello,

I own a ROG GX531GW. It was fine until about 3 weeks ago. But one random day it decided to shutdown while I was using it and then it suddenly stopped working. There was no power to the board. No power LED or anything. The board was in all essence bricked. So I took it to a board-level repair place and they replaced some stuff on the board. The laptop posted afterward. However, the keyboard, the USB ports, Networking and the HDMI port did not work. We tried to find a fix on the internet and a guy suggested I flash a bios firmware since it could be a BIOS/EC issue. I flashed an older BIOS and then the USB ports started working. More specifically, I could not use any USB port. But as the guy suggested, the USB 2.0 ports worked from the BIOS in ASUS EZ Flash. Now, I do not how to proceed further and any input will be appreciated. I can also provide any pictures of the motherboard if necessary.

Also I could not find a Board view schematic for my latop so I could not get any information on the hardware level .

Re: ASUS ROG GX531GW Motherboard troubleshooting .

It still may be a bios issue. Post your original bios backup in BIOS SECTION. We'll try to fix it.

Comment

I do not have a copy of the BIOS. It randomly shut off one day and I gave it to a local service center. And then I was coordinating with someone from the Louis Rossmann discord group and he suggested flashing older versions of my BIOS. I can send the version of the BIOS that I currently have installed but that's just the version from the official ASUS website.

Still I'll dump my BIOS and post it here.

Also, is there any chance that it could be a EC or a PCH issue ?

Comment

Alright. I used RWeverything to dump information from my laptop. I don't know what to make of it though. I noticed today that my laptop does not recognize my dedicated GPU either. It is running off integrated graphics as of right now . So I can't conclude if my HDMI port is also not working or it's functioning and my GPU is not outputting anything to it.

I've attached the BIOS dump.
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-19-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

uhh. the BIOS updated itself when I booted into UEFI from Windows. I'm attaching the updated BIOS.
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-19-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Please read post #2 again. "Post your original bios backup in BIOS SECTION. We'll try to fix it."

You need an SPI bios programmer to make a full bios backup,no software method will work.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
            X