Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi z97-g43

good afternoon
    I need help, MSI Z97 motherboard with a shorted IC (UP0104S), I can't find anything that will help me find at least one equivalent IC if anyone can help me
    Thanks

Re: Msi z97-g43

I'm sorry I was wrong in the place to post wrong place

Comment

Good afternoon
      if anyone knows and can help me, know the IC uP0104s, without datasheet

Comment

I can't seem to find a datasheet either. But looking at images on eBay, it looks either to be a regulator of some sort or a MOSFET... or less possibly, a controller for a VRM.

Are there thick traces connected to any of the pins on this chip? Any of them low resistance reading (under 100 Ohms) to ground? If yes, it's probably a regulator or MOSFET.

Somewhat good news is that at least they are available to buy on eBay. So bad comes to worse, maybe replace it if in doubt.

Also would be good to know more about your motherboard troubleshooting: i.e. what is the board doing and how did you conclude that this component is shorted? Does it look burned or with a hole in it? Heat-discolored? The more we know, the more likely someone may be able to point you to a solution.

Comment

Here`s a schematic for an MSI Z87-G43 ,check page 31 aND 37.
          Attached Files
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Working...
            X