Bush LE-50GY15-M1 (Seiki)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush LE-50GY15-M1 (Seiki)

Hi all, this TV is my first 4k repair it came with a black screen problem, Led's on and audio but no image displayed so suspected tcon or panel problem its also the first time I had to get down and dirty to the panel so a fault after the Tcon...?

Disconnected left side tcon film strip from tcon and the right side of the panel works but left side is black or goes white if slap it around a bit on sides. When the Left side tcon is reconnected it seems to prevent the entire panel displaying anything it just goes black and with right side tcon disconnected also no result just black. Obtained cheapish replacement Tcon known good working and replaced but no change sadly 12v supplied to each Tcon original and replacement.

Focusing now on the panel I have checked the smd components on the driver board for the bad side of the panel but nothing seems short or otherwise dodgy, there are no IC's only SMD Capacitors, resistors, diodes and two transistors on it and all seem good. I have noted the dc voltage on the good side driver board gets to 18v on the SMD transistor (1P NPN) but on the other side it reaches about 5v on power on before quickly dropping to about 2v.

The Panel is a AUO T500QVN02.0 it appears to be used in a few other low end sets like sharp, Seiki, Westinghouse etc.

Anybody got any info on this fault as cant find much at all, could this be a bad COF? there are six on each driver board one on each ribbon into the panel and no side tabs on this panel. Would be nice to bring this back to life if there is a cheap and dirty way to do it any help appreciated.

I have spare tcon to panel driver ribbon so might start cutting it to see if i can make the panel come back to life in some way but would prefer to work with knowledge lol and also considering removing a resistor that feeds the transistor just to see if anything nice happens on that side... I guess i need a panel miracle now.
    Last edited by CuriousJohn; 11-11-2019, 03:19 PM.

Re: Bush LE-50GY15-M1 (Seiki)

Maybe try the "cut tape" method, might work, sometimes need to adjust the width of the tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Maybe try the "cut tape" method, might work, sometimes need to adjust the width of the tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8
      Hi and great idea much better than cutting cables up so thanks for that.

Have just tried it and on the first go have managed to burn my hand a little on the edge of the panel lol, i thought ide cut myself on a sharp edge at first but managed to get the power off before the smoke turned into fire or destroyed anything else. Never seen the actual glass on the panel smoke and crater before my palm was right on the crater it was hot!

Ok that sounds dramatic i admit but really there was smoke and in the bottom corner of the left side of the panel that got hot and smokey (the side that doesnt work) there is now a little crater and a pixel cluster about inch square.

I believe this panel is RIP haha but will try the tape trick in more places on the ribbon in a day or two when i have time and then will hold a funeral pyre for it as i suspect its gone. Did not notice if there was damage to that corner of the panel before attempting but suspect there might have been and i helped it mature haha. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Play safe folks.

Heres an image of the pixel cluster and panel crater.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CuriousJohn; 11-12-2019, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Wow, strange, never seen anything like that either.

Comment

To finish off on this TV today (scrapped for parts now)

Peeled tabs from the panel driver board and have got the left side of the panel back but you wouldnt want to watch it long as the refresh rate is visible to the eye plus the black band due to tab removal. Also bit gutted I started peeling the second tab from the end near the crater which had no effect to restore the panel as it didnt come back to life until i peeled a tiny corner of the end tab closest to panel damage, see photos.

Cheers

CJ
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X