This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm from Illinois, USA. My training is in Computer Science, including software engineering. I used to work for a computer repair company, but now I work directly for people. Unlike my previous employer, I treat my customers as teammates instead of targets for extracting money. And, on a hobby basis I write software and run servers.

Now it's time to post in the For Sale section about some of the old hardware that I have acquired. Glad to be a part of the community here.

Comment

Hello,
      I'm from Philippines.

Just started learning about laptop repairs. so i came up to this forum.
      This forum suits me well.
      All information are here.

Hoping that other high level experience are shared to the newbies like me.

Thanks,
      Dhan

Comment

let's go, i have a computer shop. sell and rapair from 2001. in naples. happy to join, happy to help, happy to be helped.

Comment

Hi all! I'm an electronic newbie. Just seeking advice on how to substitute the occasional burn capacitor or test a fuse. Nothing fancy. Cheerio

Comment

Hi All,
            Just joined to i can hopefully get some troubleshooting help with my TV. Seems like the forum is pretty active with knowledgeable peeps so looking forward to hanging out!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have got lots of great information from you all in the past and i really appreciate it, i have got away with not needing to post up until this time. Thank you everyone for your knowledge

Comment

Hello y'all

I found this forum doing a search for a printer cartridge reset chip. and I am impressed with what I've seen so fare.

Thanks for letting me in.

Comment

hello to all,

i am new here and found this place by searching from google. found lots of stuffs especially bios bin file.

thank you

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I have been around computers a long time since my Dad worked for IBM for 30 years. He used to show me the punch card machines at work. I remember text adventure and thought is was really cool you could change the color of the text. I liked green. I went to the computer store and bought a jet fighter game F19 which required probably 10 megabyte of hard disk space, raced home while looking at the graphics on the box and could not wait to play it. I put it in the computer and it told me no hard disk drive found???. The IBM AT did not have a hard drive. What a disappointment!
                    Well anyway, I enjoy learning electronics and have pretty good test equipment but I really have just basic knowledge. I started playing tanks and boy does the time fly. I am back to trying to learn how to use this stuff before it goes out of spec but ran into a snag testing capacitors and voila I am here. : ) One of the reasons I am trying to learn this other than being fun and useful is that I can show my 7 year old girl and 11 year old boy the fun of learning stuff like this and give them some life long skills.

David

Comment

Hello,
                      I'm from Philippines.

just finding answer to may question how to fix the problem of my laptop
                      and want to learn more about repairing and troubleshooting laptop motherboard..

Thanks,
                      Ramil

Comment

Bom dia pessoal. Sou técnico desde 1994 e espero poder ajudar e ser ajudado!

Comment

Hey All, Andy here... Need to pick your brains but just have to say hi for now

Cheers

Comment

Hello to all, new member here 😊

Comment

Hello all. I've read a few threads in the past and found the community to be very helpful and knowledgeable. I have a couple of questions to pick your brain about. Thanks for letting me join.

Loukas

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                I end up finding this awesome community when i was looking for a solution to my heat gun, and was the only place where i found the answer to what i was looking for.

Also by navigating through all the posts i just realize that this is the heaven of electronics

Badcaps I will be definitely my BACKUP MANUAL ;D

Keep the good work guys

Comment

Hi there. Newbie from OK!

Comment

Hi, everybody.My name is Igor. I am engaged in repair of electronics since 1982.

Comment

Hi everyone

Sparkster here from London UK

I fix broken stuff for a living
                                      i am happy i came across this forum randomly.
                                      People here seem nice and not toxic like most forums.
                                      drop me a message anytime.

Comment

Hello all! I am a new member and I just like to fool around with devices and stuff.

Comment

Hi this is gils from Texas. Elec technician but love to hobby and repair. Just picked up a "broken" 47" Vizio which led me to the site.....wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
                                          X