OMG SAMSUNG UN55F9000 Ultra HD, SMART, 3D 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMG SAMSUNG UN55F9000 Ultra HD, SMART, 3D 4K

Would anyone happen to have the service manual for this. ?

I managed to do a clean dump of the the NAND chip and firmware chips if this would help anyone

Matt

Comment

Update: The info that i previously spoke about on the Italian forum was probably a fake, but now another italian user has solved by sending the mainboard in USA to be fix, he claims that a SW reprogram job is been made. The task is probably to unsolder the Emmc , reprogram and resolder unless some advanced methods like jtag is been used. It reported a google maps 32.243930, 110.909111 to find the firm.
      Last edited by Davi.p; 11-13-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Hi Matt:

Please share your good NAND and firmware dumps - They may be helpful for troubleshooting and repair.

Please indicate the specific chip location for each .BIN file so people do not accidentally program the wrong .BIN file to the wrong chip location.

Can you also let us know what version of software your TV or One Connect may be using?

Comment

Hi Davi. P:

On August 18, 2018 you say to test IC3113. I think it is TPS25910, which is a hot-swappable voltage controller, not programmable chip...

Mine might be ok, but I don't understand the instructions so was not able to test further.

I have not visited the Italian forum enough, but why do you think the information in Italian forum is fake?

Any updates?

Comment

I think fake beacause the poster expressed himself in a strange way, strange person so don't count much his testimonial, he made confusion, now i have confusion too, in fact from what i've read about, i'm not totally sure that the reprogrammed chip is the emmc (not NAND, my prevoious error), but it can be the standby MPU.

Comment

Hi Davi. P:

What is emmc? And what chip location is emmc? And what is chip location of standby MPU? Why do you suspect these chips?

Comment

Emmc is a square little chip with pins under (BGA), it's the main software memory chip. The MPU i can't tell you where is because i have no photo of the board on my HD, i remeber it's on the bottom right. The last italian user it's a trustable person, if he reported me that the firm in USA has only done a reprogram job i can trust him. And the symptoms are compatible to the software error.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                  Emmc is a square little chip with pins under (BGA), it's the main software memory chip. The MPU i can't tell you where is because i have no photo of the board on my HD, i remeber it's on the bottom right. The last italian user it's a trustable person, if he reported me that the firm in USA has only done a reprogram job i can trust him. And the symptoms are compatible to the software error.
                  Davi.P:

Can you please tell me if you are referring to IC1801 as highlighted in my attached image of mainboard BN94-06654B? IC1801 appears to be Samsung eMMC "embedded Multi-Media Controller" with flash memory and a flash memory controller integrated on the same silicon die.

How is it possible to extract .BIN image from this eMMC IC? How to connect programmer? and how to reprogram to a new IC?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Unspun01; 03-13-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Hello I have the same TV ue55F9000. with the same white image with yellow below. when I make the eeprom ic3301 cold with ice. and then turn on the TV then I get normal picture and he asks for the one connect box. I have the js9000 one connect box on it, but keep asking for a box, so with box or without box it does exactly the same. does that also have to do with the 3301 eeprom? that only works cold?

Comment

mistake I meant blue below and yellow above

Comment

Unspun yes that is the emmc, it needs at least a RT809H or F programmer and there is a guide on how to reprogram it without removing the chip by the board but its hard to find the points:
                        https://translate.google.it/translat....html&sl=zh-CN

Comment

i have replaced my eeprom. now the TV turns on without a crazy white image. but he asks for the one connect box. I tested the box on a hu series and it works. so what's wrong with my F9000?

Comment

Hi frank29578:

Thanks for the update. If replacing EEPROM IC3301 solved your white screen issue that is great news!

Did you reprogram a new chip with the contents of your old one? Did you read it when frozen? I assume you removed it from board and froze it and placed in an EEPROM reader? Or did you not have to freeze it, and just read the contents at room temperature?

As for the OneConnect, are you sure the js9000 is compatible with the f9000? I'm not sure of compatibility between js9000 and f9000 and hu9000... there are a few different one connect versions, and it may even matter if the one connect was updated or not...

Is the one connect from that f9000 tv of yours? Like was it working with that tv before? If the TV firmware and one connect firmware are not compatible or not on same update version it could be an issue. I don't know for sure.

Comment

thank you for your response

the old eeprom worked directly in my eeprom reader and I didn't have to freeze it so I could read it. save it and put it on the new eeprom :-) js9000 box should work and then indicate that the box is not correct, as he did that on the hu7500. something needs to be adjusted in the service menu and so on. but the ue55F9000 only gives a logo that you have to connect the box. so there must still be something wrong

I bought the TV defect without one connect box and came across a js9000 box for 100 euros. so that's why I bought it
                              Last edited by Frank29578; 04-21-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...n-kit-778.html

here someone got the js9000 box working on the f9000

Comment

The eeprom you changed is the serial one that stores settings? Have you tried entering service menu by remote command and search for a OC setting around?

Comment

I don't know if that eeprom is for the settings. but you cannot enter the service menu if it does not find the one connectbox

Comment

You must se those dc-dc converters on mainboard near the OC connector that feeds the OC , if them outputs something ok.

Comment

yes the 12 volt is oke

Comment

maybe reset eeproms in the tv and box? but I don't know exactly which pins.
                                          or do you think it doesn't work

Comment

Working...
                                          X