Philips 60PFL8708S/12 - QFU1.2E LA - Error code 53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 60PFL8708S/12 - QFU1.2E LA - Error code 53

Registering seems to be easy but i cannot receive confirmation email..

Comment

That Polish forum has a points system where you have to earn points to download files.
      That's a lot of points for so many files.

I called around to some local TV repair shops today, nobody is doing reflowing, they just replace boards.
      The general message I got was that I shouldn't buy Philips brand and that boards for these models are not available anymore.

I also contacted the official service vendor for Philips in Sweden and asked them if I can buy either a refurbished or a new SSB from them, or a pre-programmed NAND-chip, or a NAND-memory dump.
      We'll see what they say, this company has a very poor consumer reputation in Sweden, but maybe they'll surprise me.
      I can easily buy a new Micron chip, the only thing that eludes me there is the NAND content.

I found a one-man phone repair shop who has reflow capability, but he is specialized on phones so he asked for a stencil for this chip so he can do a proper reballing.

Does anyone know what this package type is called?

Here is a picture of the underside of the Fusion P120:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusion_chip_underside.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	2032163
      The outer edge of the outer square is 30x30 points.
      The inner edge of the outer square is 18x18 points.
      The outer edge of the inner square is 12x12 points.
      788 points in total.
      I don't know what the pitch is.

There are a lot of stencils on offer on Ebay and Ali, but I can't find the specific one for this type.
      It's probably easier if I knew the name of the package type.
      Last edited by Maalobs; 01-23-2024, 04:51 PM.

Comment

No problem to download that rar file for me, no need any point, i'm uploading it to a web space, but wait beause it's slow loading..

Comment

- FILE 1 -
          - FILE 2 -
          - FILE 3 -
          - FILE 4 -
          - FILE 5 -

Comment

Oh, then I misunderstood the Google-translation of the Polish message.
            Thanks!

Comment

That Polish NAND-dump has some funny content.
              Apparently browser-cache content from the TV apps is persisted on one of the filesystems in the NAND, there are a lot of Polish descriptions of various movies in there.

The next step for me is to first have a professional reflow done on the BGA, or reballing even.
              The shop asked me to find a stencil for the chip, so that's what I'm looking for now.

That's how herr Alpengeist solved the exact same problem, his TV even stopped booting on the exact same character as mine:
              https://alpengeist-tvrepair.blogspot...fu-12-cpu.html
              This Polish NAND-dump will come in handy if the TV still kernel panics when mounting the filesystems after the BGA reflow.
              With this dump I might get the TV to boot so far that I can flash a new autorun.upg on the TV.

When I'm that far, I can replace the worn out NAND-chip and copy the contents manually.
              If you need an English language dump, I can save a copy.
              I'll probably save the SPI Flash and EEPROM as well, just to be safe.

Comment

Yes, i've found on Italian forum a thread where a QFU1.1e la (6007 series) was bring back to life with a reflow, unfortunately on mine this was the first attempt i've done in the far 2017 with the result that no more booting when before it booted most of the times..

Comment

guys don't play or change any with NAND. just reflow fusion CPU. even with normal hot air gun can be done. consider only the heat on the round of the CPU only and put heat plaster on it and other component around. to avoid surface component fly out. from both side up and down side.
                  if you changed or rewrite any data to NAND , even if your reflow correct will not show any change to you so you will be confuse. also do reflow with original NAND
                  Last edited by Diah; 04-20-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

This situation is strange, my tv was working most of the times, only few percent of the tries it did not boot, but not at warm CPU, sometimes with cold sometimes with warm CPU.. this drives out of the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                      This situation is strange, my tv was working most of the times, only few percent of the tries it did not boot, but not at warm CPU, sometimes with cold sometimes with warm CPU.. this drives out of the road...
                      this chassis of Fillips only one things caused MB the BGA. reflow fusion enough. use hot air gun as i said and you will be fine

Comment

I've found a matching stencil now, so BGA reflow is the next step.
                        I won't attempt playing around with my own dinky hot air gun, I'll let a professional handle it so I'll have a real chance of getting a lasting fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Maalobs View Post
                          I won't attempt playing around with my own dinky hot air gun, I'll let a professional handle it so I'll have a real chance of getting a lasting fix.
                          come on even if we use the Korean in room infrared grill plate it will be more than professional

Comment

I have had the BGA reflowed now, without stencil.
                            When I asked the guy who was going to do the work which of the three stencil variants I should choose, he offered to do the work without a stencil instead.
                            To just do it by hand, he fixes a lot of PS4s that way he says.
                            I wonder why he sent me looking for stencils if he doesn't need them, but he did the reflow for me for free, so I guess it's fine then.
                            By the way, the Ebay-seller on the link above, he also has the processors for sale if anyone needs them.
                            Presumably he ships them "pre-balled" even, maybe ask him if you need a processor.

The TV works after the reflow!
                            There is a massive amount of data from TXD-SERVICE at boot-up now, both with and without SDM enabled.
                            There's so much even that the UART apparently overflows the buffer and after a few seconds the serial output seems bitshifted.

I first started the TV without the heatsink attached, just for a few seconds before I unplugged the power again.
                            The Fusion processor became very hot!
                            Don't run the TV without the heatsink attached!

With the heatsink in place, I was able to operate the TV and enter the service menus.
                            It's already running the latest version so no upgrade was needed.
                            I made USB backups of all the settings from SAM, and also took the CSM-backup and CSM-extended dump for good measure, as well as the channel settings which can also be backed up to USB.

The reflow guy pointed out to me that there are two heatsink mounting holes diagonally across the Fusion chip at 55mm distance (it's actually 54.6mm to be specific), and that it is a standard form factor:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Fusion_chip_heatsink_attachment.jpg Views:	167 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	2032468

There are heatsinks available in that form factor, both with and without fan:
                            https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...eatsink+54.6mm
                            Most of them seem to be pretty low profile, but something like this looks appropriate:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	vid-229.jpg Views:	107 Size:	15.7 KB ID:	2032470

There will be some Dremel-related field surgery applied to the back chassis, similar to what Alpengeist did.

I also want to do my own backup of the NAND-content at this time, so I desoldered the NAND TSOP48 with the hot air station.
                            First I taped the surroundings with Kapton and added some flux to the pins, then I used the smallest nozzle at 400C.
                            It was very quick work, less than 30 seconds:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	NAND_in_programmer.jpg Views:	196 Size:	156.2 KB ID:	2032469

However, it turns out that the Micron MT29F8G08ABABA chip is not currently supported by the XGecu TL866II Plus.
                            The chip passed the "pin detection", but the programmer only supports the chip series up to MT29F4, where the last "4" signifies 4 Gbit size.
                            The Device ID from the chip comes back as 0x2C38 in the programmer software.
                            I sent an email to XGecu about it, maybe they'll add support in a future release.

As for now, I'll see tomorrow if the reflow guy has a more advanced programmer and can dump the chip for me.
                            Preferably I would had wanted to replace the NAND-chip right away because of the warnings during boot, but I couldn't find new chips in stock anywhere and one place listed 16 weeks as lead time.
                            So I'll just run this chip until it fails, and deal with the replacement if and when that time comes.
                            Last edited by Maalobs; 01-24-2024, 12:22 PM.

Comment

you have allot of free time to learn LOL.. but you can spare it too... NAND-chip will never missed up on any EU / western brand name TV.. Chinese brand name.. yes.. i know you will say fillips all made in china.. but components before selected especially NAND, DDR. fillips should agree first ..
                              reflow issue accused by:
                              1- bad PCB material & robot use.. infrared or laser. or hot air
                              2-use stock soldering material and this almost 70% issue over all PCB not only TV but all audio video PCB platform

Comment

XGecu has already replied to my question about adding support for this 8 Gbit NAND-chip:
                                will upgrade in next month

Best Regards.
                                Haiku Xingong Electronics Co,Ltd
                                Guess I should had asked them earlier.

Comment

Thanks for the sharing, unfortunately this is not the best ending for me.

Comment

The reflow guy didn't have any programmer at all, he only works in hardware.
                                    I guess I have to wait for XGecu to release the upgrade then, because I haven't found anyone around here who has a matching programmer.

Davi.p what do you need?

Comment

No, it was better a memory problem because the reflowing was the first attempt made 2 years ago, the tv that was 95% time working stopped working at all after it.

Comment

Sounds like a bad reflow in your case, or maybe the processor died?

Comment

I have tried twice the reflow but cpu sounds dead, i dont know if i can go further since the art of reflowing is not clear to me, not many experiments done, i have another tv of the qfu1.2ela to resurrect, i can try reflowing on it, after that i can evaluate the purchase of a new cpu, when i was searching for it months ago it was unavailable, asking it to Sigma factory resulted in no answer.. as usual. With a poor 12 euro hot air gun one can't think to solve so many issues..

Comment

Working...
                                          X