Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E153FPB Back Light problem

Originally posted by Bubii
    Hi Guys! I own Dell E153FPB and it has backlight problem. It works for a few secs and than the backlights turn off. The pictuire is there but no backlight. I did change pf751 and resoldered the transformers' contacts and it worked for about 20 mins (I tought it was fixed) and now it is just the same. I know it's easier to trow it in a trash but I spent so much time on research on this s##t...It was said that the problem might be the SG6841S High-integrated Green-mode PWM Controller but before I buy it I wanna know what you suggest. Help...Help...Plz.
    Thanks.
    Check out the 4 transistors on Inverter = Q739, Q740, Q759, Q760
    You are looking for shorts between the pins, if they check out okay then check there solder joints to board of the transistors with about a 10X magnifying glass looking for ring crack or any bad solder joint to resolder
    Do the same to the 2 mosfets as well Q743, Q759
    also check the rest of the board for ring cracks or bad solder joints, Benq boards always have bad solder joints

Comment

Mr Brianh...... i ask how thin is the wire you jumpered in replace with the MS 2A? or what other devices i can replace with that device? can i replace it ordinary fuse?with 2A on its spec?

Comment

Originally posted by Nama
        Yet another PF751 bad. Monitor has been on now for 3 hours with no problem. Thank you for you follow up Brianh. Jacob

Where can these Mini Pico Fuses be purchased?

Comment

Originally posted by freakytiki4u
          Where can these Mini Pico Fuses be purchased?
          Mouser, Digikey both carry them.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Wow, very fast reply from a few of you. I like this forum! Thank you very much. I actually just got off the phone with Digikey and have ordered what I need. Ill post if it works when I receive the parts. You guys rawk! I repair computers for a living and dable in electronics repair so if you ever need anything just ask.

Comment

Update.......I ordered the wrong type of fuse . What I ordered were not axial (no legs) they were just square as if they were meant to be popped in. They were the correct voltage and amperage so I decided to solder some legs on and put it in. It works perfectly! I have thrown out sooooo many flat panels with bad inverters that I most likely could have fixed /sigh
              Thank you guys so much for this thread.

Comment

The Flat Panel I fixed has stopped working again. Now it just blinks on and off. Any ideas anyone? I was so excited to have it working.

Comment

The Flat Panel I fixed has stopped working again. Now it just blinks on and off. Any ideas anyone? I was so excited to have it working.
                  What did you replace in the unit (and with what)?
                  There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                  • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                  • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                  • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                  • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                  • Windows 10 Pro x64
                  • GeForce GT1050
                    2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I replaced the PF751 Pico Fuse and the monitor worked for a solid week. Now it just blinks on and off repeatedly.

Comment

I justy replaced the Pico Fuse again and its working again. What would cause the Pico Fuse to keep burning out? Please be very descriptive about location and part description as Im just a beginner board level repair newbie.

Comment

I justy replaced the Pico Fuse again and its working again. What would cause the Pico Fuse to keep burning out? Please be very descriptive about location and part description as Im just a beginner board level repair newbie.
                        Probably a leaky transistor. Provide GOOD pictures of the inverter board and we can identify twhat to test.

PlainBill
                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

ok will do, the picture is attached of the Inverter Board.
                          Attached Files

Comment

ok will do, the picture is attached of the Inverter Board.
                            Great picture!! I've marked it up. The four transistors circled in red should be checked with an ohmmeter. We are looking for differences between one pair and the other.

Also, two transformers were circled in blue. Resolder the leads on all of them.

PlainBill
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will resolder and check with Ohm Meter tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I will resolder and check with Ohm Meter tomorrow.

If I want to order the 4 transistors on Inverter = Q739, Q740, Q759, Q760
                                for replacement, what would I ask for?

Comment

If I want to order the 4 transistors on Inverter = Q739, Q740, Q759, Q760
                                  for replacement, what would I ask for?
                                  They are either C5707s or 6s
                                  Read the front of one, (you may need magnifying glass)
                                  You can replace 7s with 6s if doing all four, but there are plenty of both on ebay (type in search box 2SC5607)
                                  You can get kits with 4 transistors + 2 fets fu9024n and a 2 or 3 amp p/fuse

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
                                    They are either C5707s or 6s
                                    Read the front of one, (you may need magnifying glass)
                                    You can replace 7s with 6s if doing all four, but there are plenty of both on ebay (type in search box 2SC5607)
                                    You can get kits with 4 transistors + 2 fets fu9024n and a 2 or 3 amp p/fuse

Thank you very much, I found the kits on Ebay and have a few on the way. I appreciate the continued quick replies. You guys really do rock!

Comment

Thank you very much, I found the kits on Ebay and have a few on the way. I appreciate the continued quick replies. You guys really do rock!
                                      Just remember to resolder transformer points and all other cold solder areas that you come across, or either the 07's will fry again ...
                                      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                                      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                                      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                                      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                                      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                                      • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                      • GeForce GT1050
                                        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
                                        Just remember to resolder transformer points and all other cold solder areas that you come across, or either the 07's will fry again ...

Will do and thank you for the info

Comment

What is the proper way to test the Transistors? I noticed they have 3 legs each. I tested with my Ohm meter and there are differences but I would like to know specifically what Im looking for and how to properly test to determine defective ones.

Comment

Working...
                                          X