Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2408WFPB (Samsung LTM240CS05) display issue

Hi folks, Greetings from Tennessee

I have a Dell 2408WFPB monitor that is on the fritz with lines and ghosting of images. The whole screen has lines on it when it first powers on and then once it goes to VGA, the page image is there but the lines are there also. I have disassembled the monitor down to the TCON and made sure the ribbon was seated correctly and did a visual on the boards for anything suspicious and it all looks good. I do have a digital multi-meter if anyone thinks that would come in handy for me. Just not sure what the specs are for this type of electronics. I have seen on several thread on this forum that these monitors are known for the TCON to go bad and cause some similar issues. Would that be a good place to start by replacing the TCON or would someone assist me with anything else that may be wrong? The only changes that I can see one the monitor is warmed up is some of the lines clear as more appear and when the VGA is not connected the "no VGA connected" prompt that moves around the screen against a black background has a "ghost" image that follows it around. Thanks for the help.....
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 2408WFPB (Samsung LTM240CS05) display issue

Good pictures. I can tell by the blockiness, that it is in fact the TCON board on that model. I'd probably try and find one on eBay or from China. Last time I checked, they were about 35 bucks new. Just put in the exact part number in Google, and it should give you the options of where to find it.

Comment

thanks for the info Lumberjack. I shall go TCON hunting! Will update with what happens next...

Comment

I got some experience with older Samsung S-PVA panels (those 6ms), once it was bad TCon, once it is bad panel. TCons are for a couple bucks these days from Aliexpress, panels are not worth the money.

Seems like it may be the same one or similar. I may have spare panel, but I would like at least 100 dollars for that.
        Last edited by Behemot; 01-25-2015, 08:35 AM.
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

In my case it was a T-Con board. You might find this thread useful.

I bought my board from the seller "mahmoudhassan11". He has one more left. Good luck.

Just out of curiosity... Why the first two of your pictures are the same as mine? I wonder if we bought our monitors from the same source...
          Last edited by HAHOMETP; 01-25-2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...799962192.html

Just be aware, there is whole bunch of pricks these days in there trying to scam you. If there is any problem with receiving it, open dispute and demand money back.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

I got screwed three times out of three when tried to buy directly from China (Ali and the like).

IMO these people seem to value quick rip-off more than the long term business relationship. Will never deal with them again w/o the iron fist protection of an American business entity as an intermediary (ebay or paypal or both).

Comment

Got the TCON exchanged and we are back to using the monitor. Thank you all for the assistance!

Comment

I figured that would do the job. Thanks for the feedback. Nice job with the repair

Comment

In my case, same problem, i have replaced only K4D263238K-UC50 ICM1 from module LTM240CS05FFCC4LV0.4
                    The art of fighting without fighting

Comment

What's that, memory?

Comment

Yes, new version for K4D263238F-UC50.
                        Attached Files
                        The art of fighting without fighting

Comment

Working...
                        X