Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books on Laptop Motherboard Repair

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a book on Motherboard Repair, but I can't find anything that goes in to any sort of detail. Can anybody recommend a good book on this.

I've been going through online videos from Electronic Repair School and others, but I would like something to read.

thanks.

Re: Books on Laptop Motherboard Repair

up

Comment

check http://adiedkhazbook.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi John Paul and thanks for your response. Have you read this book or are you just making a suggestion?

I'm a bit concerned about the spelling, I wonder is the grammar as bad in the book.

"COMPONEN SYMBOL ,CARACTERISTIC & HOW TO TEST"

I might just buy to to at least be reading something useful.

Comment

Actually he has an article about MOSFETs on laptop motherboards. I'll have a read and see what it's like.

Comment

I bought the book anyway. Just going through it at the moment. I got the English version, but if I'd known how bad the English was I would have asked for the Hindi version. The book is full of good stuff but very frustrating having to decrypt every sentence. I think I might just go through it sentence by sentence and write out my own version.

Very frustrating that there is no natural english speaker that could release a similar book on the topic.

Comment

Going through line by line and re-writing them might very well be a good learning tool. This way it will give you time to analyze fully the information therein.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanAnon View Post
                I bought the book anyway. Just going through it at the moment. I got the English version, but if I'd known how bad the English was I would have asked for the Hindi version. The book is full of good stuff but very frustrating having to decrypt every sentence. I think I might just go through it sentence by sentence and write out my own version.

Very frustrating that there is no natural english speaker that could release a similar book on the topic.
                I have read the book, very useful information and very frustrating as well. Please do share your end product.

Comment

This is very good one too buy Luis Rossmann. Not very well written too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing that Louis Rossman book. I will have a read of that tomorrow.

I went through the Adie Dkhaz book fully for the second time. It seems like he grabbed sections of the book and just threw them in to Google Translate. There are also sections that are repeated (word for word) for no reason. This happens at least three times in the book. I mean, even ONE proofreading of the book would have found this! The graphic images are grainy, hard to make out, and there is a lot of repetition on this as well. Similar images used again and again.

The book really lacks structure and a flow as well as the already mentioned issues with the language. I don't want to beat up on the guy too much, but that is my honest assessment. Cos some of the information is very good. Do I know more having read it. Yes, certainly. Was it an easy read. No. Could I recommend it? I had quite a bit of knowledge going in so I was able to piece together what he was saying, without that I think I would have been looking in to the abyss.

As I piece together the knowledge I might try and write up my own guide. Any other recommendations of books welcome.

Comment

Hey soninke_worrior,

Thanks very much for that Louis Rossman book. Read the whole thing in one sitting 7am this morning. It's a great little book. Lot of simple straight forward advice on troubleshooting.

Looking for more books!

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanAnon View Post
                        Hey soninke_worrior,

Thanks very much for that Louis Rossman book. Read the whole thing in one sitting 7am this morning. It's a great little book. Lot of simple straight forward advice on troubleshooting.

Looking for more books!
                        Welcome

Comment

Any one upload adie-dhakaz book of laptop reparing!........or chinese english translated ebook guys

Comment

bump on this last request. Would be interested in an upload of adie-dhakaz book

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...5&d=1525483769

It might not be well written but it did fill in missing pieces of knowledge that I was lacking or not fully understanding all of it

The part that fill in some missing piece was the explanation of the data lines and how they are created and what they should look and what it means if it —>

value = “0” and stays that value or if the value is “3.3 volts and stays at that value

Thanks for sharing this
                              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 01-04-2019, 02:25 AM.
                              9 PC LCD Monitor
                              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                              30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                              10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                              6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                              1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                              25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                              6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                              1 Dell Mother Board
                              15 Computer Power Supply
                              1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                              2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                              All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Rossman Repair books is not so good books...........

Comment

Please upload adie-dhakaz book
                                  tnx

Comment

To be honest if your really stuck, most of if not all of what is listed in that table of contents (adie-dhakaz book) can be found and downloaded from the net anyway, that is possibly where the contents came from anyway. That said I suppose its useful to have it all in the same place, I have carrying out board level repair for some years and don't generally find these resources that useful since the're usually out of date anyway.

There are also plenty of technical forums including this one which are a valuable source of repair information for specific queries.

Comment

thanks for share
                                      Originally posted by soninke_worrior View Post
                                      This is very good one too buy Luis Rossmann. Not very well written too.

Comment

I'm also always on the lookout for more info on motherboard component level repair

I've found the videos from Sorin on youtube (channel called Electronics Repair School) very good, and entertaining too, and learnt quite a few tricks from him.
                                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoo...Z0PFAPc4Ymg3RA

Also found the ones on a youtube channel called Eli Tech were very informative for GPU repair. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be doing any new ones
                                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLq...ZTdhCd0nHWIf6g

If anyone knows of other good motherboard repair channels on youtube, please post them so I can check them out too

cheers
                                        Rich
                                        Last edited by Per Hansson; 01-26-2020, 05:01 AM.
                                        Follow me on YouTube
                                        ------------------
                                        Learn Electronics Repair
                                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
                                        X