Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting Computer Displays
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #61
RobGill

Default Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245B

Resistors R805, 806 & 807 are glued together with white stuff on my board. (Well, its gone brown probably with heat but was probably white when new.)
Any idea why, and will it matter if I don't use it when I replace one of the resistors later today?
(Thanks BTW to everyone for the useful info here...)
RobGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM   #62
PlainBill
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Phoenix, AZ
My Country: USA
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
I'm a: Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGill View Post
Resistors R805, 806 & 807 are glued together with white stuff on my board. (Well, its gone brown probably with heat but was probably white when new.)
Any idea why, and will it matter if I don't use it when I replace one of the resistors later today?
(Thanks BTW to everyone for the useful info here...)
The glue is usually to hold the resistors in place while other components are inserted. It's not necessary - and actually detrimental - for operation.

PlainBill

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
PlainBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #63
ospi

I have the same problem as the OP. OS can detect the display, power led is on but backlight doesn't fire up. The glue between the resistor triplet RB80n had turned into neat black brownish gradient. One resistor was dead, others measured ok. Equally distributed 'thank you' for everyone posting in this thread, hopefully I can get it fixed tomorrow.
ospi is offline   Reply With Quote