Macbook Air 820-00165-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air 820-00165-A

i am new here and i am noob...i have macbook air...same model what we are discussing here...its kind of dead...when i plug it in the there is green light..which stays green..when i disconnect the battery and then when i plug in then i get green light which turns to orange.so i opened the board to inspect...board was clean..there was no liquid damage.only near U5000 there was one resistor...r5117..which had sulphur ..so i cleaned it with isoprphyl..gave little heat..than tried to use soldering iron on both side of the resistor also..
    now the situation is almost the same..fan spins for sometime..goes to high speed then turns off...sometime fan doesnt even spin after connecting the power..though the power ligh is still there in charger...
    any help will be appreciated...

Re: Macbook Air 820-00165-A

Go down the list of power rails and report voltage.
    Also history of the machine always help.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Re: Macbook Air 820-00165-A

thank you for your prompt reply...thanks for being so active here and actively helping people..

i got my solution..r5117 got knocked off while cleaning the board more..so i saw there was still sulphur below the resistor..and wasnt getting any track..so then i took 100 k resistance from another donor board..put it there..
      though i couldnt find the track below one of the point of the resistor..so i created a track from different point..and voila..
      i connected power..could feel the heat on heatsink..connected all wires..and now apple logo and booted

Comment

Working...
      X