Sceptre X22WG-1080P display goes out after warm-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sceptre X22WG-1080P display goes out after warm-up

This might be a very long shot, but I had the EXACT same result as your screen in this image

when attempting to power a laptop LCD panel a couple of months back with a new power source (I was trying to salvage it as the laptop had died.)

In fact... I think I have a picture still..

This was caused by one of two things. The actualy ribbon cable connecting the input to the LCD panel could have been screwed by my fiddlings and secondly, I had fudge all idea what way the voltage worked so winged that too. Let me remind you, I have no electronic experience whatsoever.

Hope this was even slightly interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
      What did you use as replacements?
      DIGIKEY P/N 493-1827-ND
      MFG P/N UPW1E471MPD6
      DESC CAP 470UF 25V ELECT PW RADIAL NICHION

Also just arrived. Is this the correct parts?
      DIGIKEY P/N P12366-ND
      MFG P/N EEU-FM1C102
      DESC CAP 1000UF 16V ELECT FM RADIAL PANASONIC -ECG

Also I ordered
      P/N 493-1575-ND
      CAP 33UF 35V ELECT HE RADIAL
      ON BACK ORDER

Comment

I myself am having trouble trying to troubleshoot my Sceptre. I have the 22in 1080p one, and it comes on, shows my desktop, then shuts off to do some tests I guess. During the test it comes up with a grey screen. Nows its even worse. Now it used to work after warming up but no longer. Now even after 3 hours of warmup, it will flash my desktop in a somewhat garbled picture and cut back off. Please heeeeeelp! I love this LCD and cant really afford a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Lithorn
          I myself am having trouble trying to troubleshoot my Sceptre. I have the 22in 1080p one, and it comes on, shows my desktop, then shuts off to do some tests I guess. During the test it comes up with a grey screen. Nows its even worse. Now it used to work after warming up but no longer. Now even after 3 hours of warmup, it will flash my desktop in a somewhat garbled picture and cut back off. Please heeeeeelp! I love this LCD and cant really afford a new one
          (Sigh).

Love won't fix a monitor. A soldering iron and $10 worth of caps may do the trick. The question is are you man enough to stop whimpering, take the thing apart, and attach pictures of the power supply? See my signature for the FAQ in attaching pictures.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I took it apart but I think I made a big mistake. ALL of the caps show a little bulge, some more than others. I replaced all the severe ones with the caps I got from my repair kit, but as I was soldiering one I noticed I touched the little green circuit that was connected to another fuse. I wasn't sure if they we're ment to be connected so I rubbed the soldiering iron on the circuit till it turned golden, now the monitor powers on but acts like its not getting a signal. Heres a picture. Above the black scribble you will see a very tiny black line I made to show where I rubbed my board. If I re-soldier them to complete the circuit, will that get my monitor to attempt? Before replacing the caps, it would come on but flash my desktop then turn off. It would usually work after heating up. After replacing the caps and breaking that small circuit, it powers on to a black screen. I can see the back lights trying to come on but it acts like something is preventing it. It could be where I burned the circuit apart not knowing it was ment to be there.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X