The amazing LinkSYS WAP54G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The amazing LinkSYS WAP54G

they are loaded with our proprietary software, the wireless functions disabled and used as a router for our wireless repeater customers.
    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Wrt54g and gs are awesome. I have a gs OCd to 236 mhz with the tx set to 85mw with the 7dbi antennas. Used to get about 3 blocks with my psp or 5 router to router but now that everyone has wifi there's too much noise. Still is one he'll of a router after you install openwrt or ddwrt on it.

@topcat 21 gun salute to consumer hardware that's endured more than my cisco 1900 did. Id mount that thing to the wall behind freakin glass!

Comment

I don't quite think it's worth to OC your router unless you are properly cooling them and the rest of the router can handle it alright.

DD-WRT or Tomato can be flashed onto this unit and will offer an overall performance boost. A recap might get it more stable if the caps are bad or failing. Slapping a cheap heatsink on the main chip might help it to stay cool if it's being loaded up. Upgraded antennas are a good idea if you get ones that fit your particular connector. You can also try to diy parabolic antenna booster mod, which should increase your range a bit.

I'm planning on performing all of these to a $25 Rosewill router and see what I can get. Total price will be around $30-35.

Comment

as we speak my wrt54g v8 is chugging along, i wish i had the older version with detachable antennas.
          My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X