Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPOX 8RDA3+ - Very low -12V rail

Hello everyone - my 1st post - what a great forum

I never knew this website existed until today & changed all the electrolytics on my EPOX 8RDA3+ a couple of years ago for 105C ZL Rubycons...
    However, lately, I have been having some problems with random restarts. The BIOS voltages are all withing 5% of spec, apart from one - the -12V rail, which is at -7.05V ! - Software (namely Speedfan & CPUID) both comfirm this very low voltage.

The 400W PSU is OK & has been swapped out for a new one with no changes.

I have rechecked all the electrolytics & they seem good (no signs of bulging/leakage). Has anyone had a similar problem before ?

Many thanks, Richard

8RDA3+ @ 2.2Ghx / 2GB / GF FX5600

Re: EPOX 8RDA3+ - Very low -12V rail

I wouldn't rely on Speedfan or CPUID to find out what voltages are running within your PC. Get a multimter and test the voltages.... that's the only way you can be sure about the voltages. If your 12V rail was only 7V, I'd be surpried to even see it boot at all. I experienced my 12V line go down to about 10.48V and it didn't even want to boot after that.... I changed the PSU and problems went away.... I can see you have tried that with no success, but I'm curious to know what brand PSU you are using?.

Thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Re: EPOX 8RDA3+ - Very low -12V rail

the meter will tell you whats up.

Comment

Working...
      X