Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC 2236 LCD monitor, bad caps?

Hiya, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a problem like mine

awhile ago a line down the center of my screen appeared, my first thought was dead pixel line the panels going bad...except the pixels arent dead,they are just misshaded

later on I noticed green lines appearing around/on anything on the left half of the screen, slight miscoloring of text etc, from what I can see the left half of my monitor has a slight green tint with green squiggles, and the right half has a slight pink tint with no squiggles

its hard to describe, so I'll take photos of the images/videos that cause the worse green lines and post them after I finished writing this

Its sort of like the green color is slightly out of phase with the rest, like when EMP went off near you in BF4(for those that play) only its just the green going out.

Things I've tried so far:

replacing all the 10uf caps(other caps still going to try, but none appear dead even the 10uf caps) - no effect

pressing lightly on the ribbon cable connections, - no effect

reseating all the ribbon cables - no effect

reflowing the controller board - no effect

plugging the controller board 5v line into a high quality stable 5v line of a pc PSU, worked like normal, still the same green crapola tho - no effect
    ^ this makes me think its not the power board in my LCD.

the only other thing I can think of doing is changing the 25v 100uf caps on the controller board

and recapping the entire power board, even tho I don't think its the power board based on the PC PSU experiment.

anyone have any ideas? Could it be the panel itself?

Cheers, Ron

Edit:
    Picture of the green squiggles

Pic of the original image

Last edited by darkcon; 01-14-2014, 01:24 AM. Reason: Pics

Re: AOC 2236 LCD monitor, bad caps?

update: I replaced all the caps(excluding the tiny smd component ones that dont often fail), on the controller board, problem persists

I think the chipset might be bad? I dunno

Comment

If cleaning the ribbon cable between logic board and Tcon didn't help, try resoldering the large chip on the Tcon board.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Is this a dvd playing? or a game screenshot Can you post a still picture, not of a cartoon, that shows the problem. Reseat the graphics card on the pc?
        Test pc on another screen
        Last edited by selldoor; 01-14-2014, 04:11 AM.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

No, that's World of Warcraft if i'm not mistaken.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I like Dota

I think selldoor suggest is good. sometimes it is hard to tell the problems from animation. get a good real picture. selldoor or the unique could lead the way. they are good and help me many times.
            "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
            Rudi
            Thank You

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I think my email was sending things to the junk box

and thanks for the replies

is the tcon the board attached to the panel itself, or is that the main controller board

yes its world of warcraft, that tree showed the problem clearly with a camera

no its not the gfx card/computer, I've tested it on multiple systems, its deff the monitor

I've tested with the vga and dvi cable, so its not bad connections at the cable end of thinks

I've reflowed the mainboard(not sure if I already mentioned this)

and I've cleaned the ribbon cable from the controller board to the panels pcb

on my original post the top one is a camera pic showing the green squiggles

the bottom one is a screenshot of the same scene, what it should look like

I'm going to try resoldering the tcon chip
              Last edited by darkcon; 02-13-2014, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Dear darkcon,

my name is Steve, i am learning electrical engineering in Hungary.

I have the same AOC 2236S LCD monitor. Mine is broken, some smoke come of it.

I take it apart and the power board has been failed.
                I would like to ask darkcon to take a picture of the backise of the power board.

I have two IC smoked and i cant read the name of it. I want to repair the monitor, because i dont have money for a new one.
                Here are the pictures of it

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Xc&usp=sharing

Thanks in advance
                It will be a great help.
                Steve

Comment

those ic's are FET's you may want to make sure there is nothing else bad that could have killed them.

Comment

Working...
                  X