Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta DPS-400GB-1A Troubleshoot (xserve)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delta DPS-400GB-1A Troubleshoot (xserve)

Originally posted by mcnaryxc View Post
    Hey, thanks for your thread, I was able to try and successfully fix my Xserve G5 power supply. However, I didn't do exactly what you did.

So, I go to extracting it. There is so much white glue stuff around it that I almost rip off the label and can barely make out the specs. The cap is a Ltec 22microF 25v cap. To my amazement, Radioshack actually sells this capacitor (22microF 35v), so a quick run there with a $1.29 and run back. Soldered in the new cap, plugged in the power (while crossing my fingers), and it turns on!! I was so happy. I thought I was going to have to buy a power supply off eBay, which is expensive.

I don't know if this was your problem or not, but it helped me. Hopefully it'll help someone else.
    Hi,
    I seem to have 2 caps where you succeeded but as you said the white stuff is rather obstinate and have yet to replace it or them. In the meantime though there is a black plastic tube (or wire?) that runs where I have drawn a blue line in the pic attached. Whenever I try to bare it to possibly connect it to the yellow part it keeps breaking away seeming to be brittle plastic tube without any wire in it. The wire running parallel to it is OK but I am confused with the black thing..I have attempted to upload 4 files but whilst they are within the allowable sizes it is not letting me.

Comment

Originally posted by wasureppoi View Post
      Hi,
      I seem to have 2 caps where you succeeded but as you said the white stuff is rather obstinate and have yet to replace it or them. In the meantime though there is a black plastic tube (or wire?) that runs where I have drawn a blue line in the pic attached. Whenever I try to bare it to possibly connect it to the yellow part it keeps breaking away seeming to be brittle plastic tube without any wire in it. The wire running parallel to it is OK but I am confused with the black thing..I have attempted to upload 4 files but whilst they are within the allowable sizes it is not letting me.
      Originally posted by stj View Post
      the 3 i2c pins are a serial port to the microcontroller in the chipsocket.

if it plays dead you may want to resolder or change the crystal if nothing else works.
      Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Where should I resolder?
      Would you be able to advise where the crystal you refer to is located? As those 3 wires are not connecting to anything in my makeshift PSU only providing 12V do you think that would account for the lack of display?
      Getting an ERROR trying to upload pics.

Comment

The yellow thing I referred to is probably a very small transformer. I removed a 45uf 50v and 22uf 25v cap from the area MCNARYXC referred to and was attempting to remove the small yellow transformer to see if I could see what wires it seems to have issuing from it and I damaged the surface mounted capacitor shown in the pic attached. Should I throw in the towel now? Is there something I can replace the missing cap with or is it STUFFED?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wasureppoi View Post
          Hi,
          See pics
          Attached Files

Comment

i had same problem with my xserve g5 i only replace 22Uf 25V cab from radio shack new cab 22Uf 35V worked no my xserve working again mcnaryxc has the picture witch cab is

Comment

Hello,

I am troubleshooting the same P.S. and have found L1 & L2 are burnt (black). I am having trouble finding a part number/spec for replacement. Can anyone help with this? See pic for detail of components needed. Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

Just had my Xserve go dark and refuse to power on. The DPS-400GB-1 A is showing 0.1V on both 12V pins.

What are the chances a DPS-400GB-2 has the same internal components? I am unfortunately unskilled with solder (and not for lack of trying) so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

*** edit ***

Finally tracked down a label for the DPS-400GB-2 A, and it outputs radically different voltages.
                Last edited by sqqop; 08-18-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Hello, I am in France and I discovered this topic, I started to disassemble and I already changed 2 condos (47μ & 22μ) in the primary of the small transformer. I have already found a voltage of 12V output.
                  I'll put pictures later ...

Comment

Hello, I am in France and I discovered this topic, I started to disassemble and I already changed 3 condos (47μ, 22μ & 100μ 35v) in the primary of the small transformer. I have already found a voltage of 12V output.
                    I'll put pictures later ...

Comment

hi all,
                      my Delta DPS-400GB output p/supply 12v with intermittent. sometimes going low at 3V@5V voltage output...any idea/experience on this.

Comment

Originally posted by compak View Post
                        hi all,
                        my Delta DPS-400GB output p/supply 12v with intermittent. sometimes going low at 3V@5V voltage output...any idea/experience on this.
                        already chg all PTH caps

Comment

Hum... weird

Comment

Working...
                          X