original XBOX V1.6 intermittent audio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original XBOX V1.6 intermittent audio.

Hey folks, I have another patient in need of intensive care. Along with my post on my console's motherboard, I would like to try to fix the parts console's motherboard, since the only issue with this board is the audio, and the fact that is NASTY. Check this out!

The folks at the game store I got this from had no history of this console, but all I know is I want to find it's previous owner AANNDD.....

DUDE, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!

THIS CONSOLE IS FULL OF BUGS, AND LOOKS LIKE YOU BURIED IT IN MANURE!!!!

AARRGG!!!!

ANYWAY, antics aside, the board is fully functional, minus the audio issue. It cuts in and out at random, works perfect when it is, not at all when it doesn't. I've followed the traces back to a IC, 33202, which appears to be an amplifier. I was going to see if I could tap in different places to find out where the break in communications is. In the meantime, I read that you could wash the board in mean green, so long as it is BONE DRY before power is aplied. Is this true? can a motherboard actually be washed in water? Will it hurt the caps? If I can wash it, is there a reliable to get the water out from under BGA soldered chips, such as the CPU, GPU/Northbridge ect. What I might do is take the heatsinks off, remove the plastic heatsink bracket, and go at it with an old toothbrush. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Just trying to make these stupid electrons behave!
    ...Not having too much success, they keep flying around those atom thingy-majiggers...

Re: original XBOX V1.6 intermittent audio.

not a toothbrush, too stiff.
    use a medium paintbrush, and a cup of boiling water with dish washing liquid in it.

rinse it very well under a running tap afterwards - unless you live in flint michigan!!

btw, always remove the heatsinks and brackets first, and the thermal gum they use can be desolved with white spirit.

Comment

Working...
    X