X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at this, samsung 65" Half Screen mess, Tcon Replaced, same thing

What could it be??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacktek; 06-16-2018, 03:03 PM.

Re: Look at this, samsung 65" Half Screen mess, Tcon Replaced, same thing

ok... I'll bite... its not the tcon... :-)

Comment

How bout full model number and some good straight on pics. of the whole setup and each board, as good and focused as you can get.

Comment

well, the picture isn't much help.... which half is messed up? how about feeding a good signal into it so we could see something other than "snow" ... unless that is your "complaint". But if the line just off to the right side / center is actually there, that is likely an indication of a "panel problem" with the side tab driver.
        Last edited by budwich; 06-16-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
          well, the picture isn't much help.... which half is messed up? how about feeding a good signal into it so we could see something other than "snow" ... unless that is your "complaint". But if the line just off to the right side / center is actually there, that is likely an indication of a "panel problem" with the side tab driver.
          is that better?
          Attached Files

Comment

a bit... I had to turn my monitor upside down to figure out what the picture was... :-)

Anyways, odds are high that you have a "panel problem"... if I understand your picture correctly, the one side is darker which is an indication that the tab drivers on that side are not being driven. Depending on how the set implements the connections, it could be a problem with the bottom edge board of the panel on that side. The edge boards are not replaceable but may be repairable if you can locate any faulty smd components on the board. Alternatively, tons of posts where people "save" the set by removing the side tabs (on the dark side) and the set look basically normal again. Read up / search for things "side tab removal" or otherwise. Anyways, the "removal" is not reversible and they can never be put back so you want to research and check things well before going the "last step".

One check is to disconnect one tcon to panel cable and see what happens (do this with the power off) to the display. Then try the same thing by pulling the other cable (after replacing the other cable). It is quite likely when you do it one way, you will get half a picture while doing it the other way, you will get nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
              Alternatively, tons of posts where people "save" the set by removing the side tabs
              That's if the panel took a shit in Sharp-style!
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I'd be doing a bit more checking before anything else. For instance is your "new" tcon exactly the same in all numbers as on the usual white sticker attached to them. Voltage checks general and to tcon especially also gamma checks. Have you tried other inputs e.g AV , HDMI, etc. Apart from that the pics in your post are almost useless - but it does look as if menu , source, no signal , displays might be OK ?? When taking pics if you can't turn TV upside down turn camera upside down or edit pic before posting - front on no slants and screen surround showing.

Comment

Working...
                X