Please help!! Bios dump Dell Latitude E6430

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E6430 Dump of A18 Bios

does it display any king of error message?
    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Unfortunately it does not. It just does a normal reboot, instead rebooting and starting the flash process.
      I guess A18 will be the last Update for this model. If someone with a E6430 can send me a dump (should be possible with the software I attached) I can solve this with ease.

Comment

Have you tried to disable secure boot and try again?
        Im Back... sort of...

Comment

I always have secure boot disabled.

Comment

do you have "signed firware update" in bios? if yes, disable it
            Im Back... sort of...

Comment

It is not possible to deactivate signed firmware update on the E6430 and newer models.
              Anyway I solved my problems. I bought another E6430 updated it to A18, made a dump and flashed it on the one I had problems with. Worked as expected.

I attached the Bios Dump of both eeproms (U52+U53) if anybody else needs it.
              It recent Version A18 and does not contain a password.
              It is from a Dell Latitude E6430 with integrated Intel Graphics. I don't know if this works with E6430 with Nvidia or AMD Graphics.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good solution there!
                Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Re: Please help!! Bios dump Dell Latitude E6430

thank you working

Comment

thanks

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GrafZahl View Post

I attached the Bios Dump of both eeproms (U52+U53) if anybody else needs it.
                        It recent Version A18 and does not contain a password.
                        It is from a Dell Latitude E6430 with integrated Intel Graphics. I don't know if this works with E6430 with Nvidia or AMD Graphics.
                        Thank you GrafZahl for the A18 dump. I have a second hand E6430 with A11 BIOS and have the same issue as you have described here and could not find a solution for that, at Dell support forum they did not have answers and there seems to be no-one else with this issue. Me I also thought it could be the Signed Update Firmware variable setting, however, as it cannot be reversed back to off once it has been set to on, I don't see how it can be verified.

The zip file you posted contains two files. I was expecting a single file to flash using fpt. Please can you tell me how can I use the two files to flash the BIOS?

Best Regards

Comment

Working bios dump.
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by carrretero View Post
                              The zip file you posted contains two files. I was expecting a single file to flash using fpt. Please can you tell me how can I use the two files to flash the BIOS?

Best Regards
                              You need to write it directly to the 2 EEPROM chips using an eeprom programmer (you can also use an raspberry pi with the software "flashrom" for this). Either desolder the chips and put them in the programmer, or use a test clip without desoldering the chips.

Comment

Thanks to AMN SERVIS for working bin files. More power...

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by GrafZahl View Post
                                      You need to write it directly to the 2 EEPROM chips using an eeprom programmer (you can also use an raspberry pi with the software "flashrom" for this). Either desolder the chips and put them in the programmer, or use a test clip without desoldering the chips.
                                      Hi, I'm new to this forum and came here because of this thread, i just want to clarify if i can use this eeprom dumps to reset the unknown bios password i have in my unit? i can do soldering and have access to a universal programming tool.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Hi there,
                                          I got this (like new condition) Dell E6430 and power up with a blank screen. after a few minutes CPU fan is cycling at normal speed.
                                          I have removed the battery and held power button 30 sec, removed CMOS, reseated RAM, rebooted without CD drive, HD, or battery connected... nothing has resolved the issue. I have the diagram (Model LA7781P)...how can I find if the BIOS is causing this problem? In the past I did reprogram a BIOS chip...this time there are two....!!!
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X