Arduino Nano Controller with a 15 watt Laser hook up issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Nano Controller with a 15 watt Laser hook up issues

This project that I am working on the Engraving Machine has been a challenge to make everything to work together

The information on the internet is hit and miss for the most part
    It is a good thing that I know how and what it takes to hook up most micro controllers yes each model is a little bit different but for the most part they are the same

The BIGGEST problem has been the markings on these Arduino Nano Controller boards not all are the same some board are marked better than others

You see how I have to hook up the laser and Nano Controller the pin output are not standardize which makes it more difficult to get things hooked up

Here is one example of what I am talking about if you look at the Nano Controller board you will see the connector that I have with the cable that runs to the laser controller this output for the PWM output is 0 to 5 volts the connector right next to one that has the cable this one is marked PWM output is not 0 to 5 volts it is 0 to 12 volts

I have another board that has two different output connectors one is marked TTL output and the other one is marked PWM output connector I have not tested what voltages these differently marked outputs and what voltages they are

The above is just the issues that I have been having to resolve with the laser I have even more issues to resolve with the spindle motor controller this is even more complex than the laser in that the output frequency of the Arduino Nano is 490 MHz and the spindle motor controller needs 0 to 10 MHz

The problem trying to get it work correctly and have complete control of the range is turning out to be a challenge I ordered a adjustable PWM controller that has frequently that can be adjustable as well so let see if this makes a difference in it respond to changing the PWM output duty cycle lets see if it works correctly the way I want it to work

Then the Y X Z axis are also challenging as well in finding all the parts that will work correctly together
    I almost have all the parts for it together and let put this engraving machine together let hope I do not have any other issues that set me back again
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-13-2020, 05:09 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Arduino Nano Controller with a 15 watt Laser hook up issues

Update

The issues with the spindle controller have been resolved with a PWM frequency controller model XY-PWM

As you can see in the picture what the best frequency setting is at 0 to 75 % duty cycle I have control over this motor speed controller has a voltage range of 5 volts to 120 volts dc ( at 93% is when the PWM output is at 5.00 volts )

I do not consider these results bad because from 0 to 75 % duty cycle range is very smooth and each percent point increase in number value increases the spindle motor speed ( at 24 volts dc ) ( engraving machine controller is 12 to 36 volts ) I consider using a 36 volt switching power supply but I do not want to be on the limit of the controller switching power supply controller

This is a joke what they have for the specifications for this spindle motor controller because at 1 MHz the motor at low speed wining like something else and as you increase the frequency the wining slowly goes away and if you go to 10 MHz you loose the range of smooth increase of speed
    Here is a short video of the PWM controller in use I had to make it a zip file I had to keep the file small so it only went to 40% duty cycle and back down to 0%

Here is a link to the PWM controller

https://www.mpja.com/Variable-Freque...info/35478+TE/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-19-2020, 06:45 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Re: Arduino Nano Controller with a 15 watt Laser hook up issues

More information about this Arduino Nano Controller boards

I took off the connector from the board and you can see in the picture that there is no connection to the PWM output pin and there is no connection to the negative pin either on the three pin connector

In order to get a PWM output you can see where I finally found the PWM output signal and of course it only has a “S” for this pin for a Servo motor of some sort

The first two pictures where taken with the board on a LED light table

I am in a dispute with the seller of this board so let see what happens with this case

This is what I pointed out to the seller that should have been able to just put power to the Arduino Nano Controller boards and hook the USB cable to the computer and should have been up and running but this was not the case I had to figure out where this PWM signal
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 09-26-2020, 06:50 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
      X