Asrock quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock quality?

What do you think? Good? Bad? Compared to whom?

I'm probably going to buy a different board. Just wondering what everybody thought of Asrock.
    Last edited by Hondaman; 03-05-2012, 06:51 AM.

Re: Asrock quality?

I work with Asrock Agent in Malta.

Believe me, they are far better than Asus. I know because we compare RMAs. We send more Asus.

Asrock now have High End / Gaming MBs aswell.

Comment

Thats strange! Asus is still the WINNER! And still #1

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/

Comment

I hate both ASRock and ASUS. Both are too unreliable and get the ASDS (ASUS Sudden Death Syndrome) after a few years. I only use Gigabyte in my PCs.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by colormebad View Post
          Thats strange! Asus is still the WINNER! And still #1

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/
          bwhahahahaha! You still don't get it. ASUS = fuck me in the ass more.

You're nothing but a fan boy.

Comment

Nothing to do with a fan! I go on about 20 forums a day and look at all the testing & upfront proof who has the best m/b/service/warranty..
            And jonnyGURU says so......LoL

FORD= First On Race Day
            Dell= Owns Sony
            Antec= My antec case has no caps but the psu does....LoL

Comment

Nothing to do with a fan! I go on about 20 forums a day and look at all the testing & upfront proof who has the best m/b/service/warranty..
              And jonnyGURU says so......LoL
              Yeah well I have clients and businesses to back up my claim, that they suck and we don't do business with ASUS anymore.

Comment

I've built a system for a friend with an Asrock board last year. AMD socket AM3, DDR3, USB3, SATA3, onboard HD4250 with Hybrid Crossfire capability, all the goodies. They've gotten a lot more solid than they used to be. Before, i used to equal them to the likes of ECS, nowadays they're better than Asus. They use all polymer caps in their recent boards.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Dell= Owns Sony
                  Let me guess? Because Foxconn makes the PSOnes. lol
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                    I hate both ASRock and ASUS. Both are too unreliable and get the ASDS (ASUS Sudden Death Syndrome) after a few years. I only use Gigabyte in my PCs.
                    Is this one of the better boards below ?
                    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128507

I have a intel i7 2600K processor...

What other 1155 socket boards in their brand is good ?

Alot of the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3's are being sold now...Also
                    Last edited by colormebad; 03-05-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

^
                      Yup, that would be a good board.

If you wanted something a bit cheaper, then http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128512 would also be good

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                        Let me guess? Because Foxconn makes the PSOnes. lol
                        I think he was just paying me out for my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                          I never had any "Asus sudden death syndrome" issues. Even with the Asus A7N8X family, which I heard was the worst when it came to sudden death.

But, I keep hearing about "sudden Gigabyte BIOS configuration breakage syndrome" on Gigabyte boards at Overclockers.com and the like. "GBCBS"?

Where it suddenly fails to hold BIOS changes and/or the BIOS ignores your request to OC.
                          (Cannot change clocks, because it will just bounce back to stock or fail to boot OS even with stable clocks)
                          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Is this one of the better boards below ?
                            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128507

I have a intel i7 2600K processor...

What other 1155 socket boards in their brand is good ?

Alot of the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3's are being sold now...Also

I actually have that gigabyte board in my desktop rig. It's a nice board, the only two issues is, don't press reset when overclocking, there's a known errata for the Z68 chipset that causes a infinite boot loop and trust me, it sucks to get out of, took me an hour before I said fuck it and pop the battery for good 5 minutes since the first 3 attempts weren't long enough.

Other then that it's been very stable unlike my p5n-d which was a overheating piece of shit, not too mention the drivers from asus didn't let the machine stay asleep. It would wake up immediately moments after powering off. At first I thought it was just my Logitech mouse having issues, went and uncheck "allow this device to wake the computer" in device manager. Nope still did it, did the keyboard, nope. I had to uncheck every USB, HID, Keyboard/Mouse device, before it would stay asleep. It sucks and when you move a USB device around, you would have to go back in there and go through 3 dozen of devices until you found it and unchecked it.

Drove me nearly nuts along with all the other shit problems I had with that board.
                            Gigabyte = my peace of mind.

Anyways...
                            Gigabtye and MSI are waiting for intel to release a patch for the z68. And the second issue I have is no cmos jumper/button, need to pull battery. It sucks when you have a sli setup. There is a gap between the two cards and you "can" pop the battery out, but getting it back in is a pain.

I managed to get my i2500k up 4.7 @ 1.38v but my massive 120mm hyper 212 plus heatsink wasn't handling it very well, I need a better fan.

I decided to roll back to 4ghz since I don't fully utilize any of my cores to their maximum potential.

Comment

I'll pop in briefly to say that the Gigabyte Ultra Durable line of motherboards has been very good to me. Asus on the other hand... ugh. Don't get me started. There was always some stupid little issue.
                              A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Comment

Im running the Asus P8Z68-V LE ' right now in this antec case...i7 2600K ' 16gigs corsair ram..This M/B has performed flawless for months...Im thinking of trying the ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 though..Onlything about this board is you dont have any support on the outerside past the ram..I just hold the back while installing it which is not a problem..

Comment

Reported Gigabyte problems:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=674761

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=561897
                                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                                    But, I keep hearing about "sudden Gigabyte BIOS configuration breakage syndrome" on Gigabyte boards at Overclockers.com and the like. "GBCBS"?

Where it suddenly fails to hold BIOS changes and/or the BIOS ignores your request to OC.
                                    (Cannot change clocks, because it will just bounce back to stock or fail to boot OS even with stable clocks)
                                    That's a board launched 5 years ago so it's unfair to mention it now. That issue has been fixed since.

I have the original P35-DS3 without any suffix, and yes that BIOS bug happened to me once. Clearing the CMOS via the "hard" method ie removing all power and the battery made it go away for good. No other complaints with this board. Been running at maximum NB and FSB voltage (+0.3v over whatever the stock might be as it only tells me the actual voltages for CPU and RAM) ever since i got it and clocking like mad, and it's yet to do anything fishy. E6550 @ 3.61GHz, 8GB Corsair XMS2 1066, HD3870.
                                    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

MSI and Gigabyte have 3 year warranties. Too much bad rap on Asus. Don't care about anything else! Don't care about warranties that are only valid with registration in 30 days of purchase.

Warranties talk, bullscheiße walks.

Segate bought their way back into the market with this principle, and is in the process of bowing back out.
                                      Last edited by severach; 03-05-2012, 11:20 PM.
                                      sig files are for morons

Comment

I had a A8N-E, P5N-D (used) and now a P6T Deluxe V2. They have all rocked, but yeah, I had another friend who I built a system for with a A8N-E and the nvidia chip died

incase any of you don't know, Asrock is Asus's cheaper company, they're still owned by Asus. Kind of strange when you think about it
                                        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                                        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
                                        X