This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Happy Holidays everyone, From Tortola in the Caribbean...

Comment

Hello all, I'm bullseyemods and glad to be a new member to the forum.
      I am a hobbyist that loves to learn. and maybe help out a little but as i said i am a hobbyist and have alot to learn.
      I am a small business owner but not in the electronics field,,,I'm a diesel technician working mostly on agriculture equipment and class 8 trucks.
      that said i repair many of the equipment i work on ECU's and any other controller on the equip or truck, i also make a small living with my hobby repairing laptops/desktops hardware and software also find myself doing alot of gaming systems and apple products i.e iphone,ipod&ipad.
      Im glad to be here

Comment

Happy Holidays from Seattle!

Comment

Originally posted by PJack View Post
          Hello
          Hello
          My name is Zino. Am from Cyprus. Am electronic engineer since 1995. The forum is very helpful and i would like to share my knowledge and other members knowledge together.

Comment

hi guys,

Im Electronics Enthusiasts...

thanks guy

Comment

Just a penny piching tinkerer here. I've fixed quite a few crt sets in the past and have somewhat "graduated" to flat panels just recently.

Comment

Hi, just joined whilst attempting second repair of a monitor. Replaced two obviously blown caps a few months ago, but it just failed again. Nothing obvious this time

Comment

Hello My Name is David I am new here and I need to know if you guys can help me with my Laptop ( 1QKG1M1-2A7B ) Thank you so Much...

Comment

I'm bob, saw this message board was still really active and hoping I could get help on repairing one of my older monitors when I get it back, as well as helping me identify a piece in one of my monitors I use frequently

Comment

Thank you Cap-ton
                      I will walk straight and steady, caps are danger-est you-know

Comment

Hi, I am Gary. I am pushing 60 but still like to tinker on TVs. Got out of the business about 15 years ago when everything was going HD. I have taught Electronic Engineering since 1999 at a private college. I never liked board swapping so I came here looking for information on component level repair. I hope I can add to the discussions.

Comment

Howdy guys,

Just introducing myself here. I'm 25 years old. My undergraduate is in engineering (specifically biomedical, but with a significant amount of electrical and chemical thrown in) and I am currently a medical student. I've always loved to be able to fix/repair things and so I also work part-time as an automotive technician (I specialize in electrical/engine performance as a diagnostic tech)- turns out fixing people and machines are surprisingly similar- once you understand HOW a system works and WHY it's designed the way it is, the less memorization you need to do and the more effectively you can repair it. Recently I've been moving more laterally into board-level repairs fixing instrument cluster panels and fried PCMs (powertrain control modules). I also repair the occasional laptop when possible- I have a Toughbook but I don't always like fielding my most expensive computers in the environment of the shop. Also, when you have enough electronics equipment, you invariably need to be an electronic repair tech just to keep your own stuff going.

I have a decent set of electronic equipment that I use daily in auto repair- from your traditional Fluke multimeter to multiple labscopes (the Picoscope 4423 4-channel being the flagship of my scope fleet) and the various accessories (low current clamp, microcurrent clamp, high current probe, ignition probes, etc) but I could certainly use more as I move into being an electrical repair tech. I am also strongly considering going back to engineering school for my masters in electrical engineering after med school is over.

Thanks for reading and I am looking forward to learning more from you guys here! I hope I will be able to contribute to the forums in the future!

Comment

Hi to evryone in this community. I am jacob an handy man who used to repair all kind of devices that I can touch started fro,,,m appliances, electronic, mechanic before I got a BS in a,ccounting. Thanks

Comment

Hi from Taupo

Comment

Hello - wishing all a happy new year.

Comment

Hi,
                                  Just registered. I'm a electronics technician and my main interest is repairing Thinkpad laptops. Hope this enables me to ask a question. Please tell me if I get things wrong I'm a bit of a novice at using Forum's. By the way I'm Dave from York England.

Comment

Hi
                                    New member.
                                    Honestly I registered to gain access to view images and attachments.
                                    But who knows what it'll evolve to.
                                    I am an embedded SW developer with a hardware background ( both educationally and professionally ).

Comment

Howdy folks!

My name is Tiago, I'm a visual effects artist in Canada. On my spare time (hehe, yeah that's a joke!) I like fixing stuff, or trying to, at least. I love watching movies on a big screen and was mightily tempted to buy a new, bigger TV this Boxing Day, but I hate the mindless consumerism and finally decided that I couldn't justify spending $1000 on something that'll end up on a landfill in a few years. So I tried to save something from going to the dump instead - picked up a broken, 3 year old Samsung LCD. I registered here mostly to get access to the awesome repair tips and attachments that I've already been looking at, but at some point I may run out of ideas and have to ask you fellas for some help!

From what I've seen, if this thing is fixable, I'll be able to figure it out on badcaps.. Great community, the posts seem friendly and no egos allowed, fantastic.

Thanks everyone and may you repair a whole bunch of stuff in 2014!

Comment

Happy holidays!

Comment

Hi all

My name is Antoine and I'm from Belgium

I'm here to try to find some help regarding monitor/TV/PSU repair as it seems to be the nicest community I was able to find about the subject...

I'm an EE engineer, former automation and manufacturing environment systems engineer, and actual .NET 4 C# developper so I'm deep in the field

Last time I fiddled with PC hardware at component level was at the age of 12 with some 486DX boards on which I replaced the xtals by higher speed ones with random success

Now I'm trying to repair some TV sets and monitors for an additional income, and do electronics as a hobby

I hope to find help and be able to contribute to the community

Comment

Working...
                                          X