Wharfedale Powercube series subwoofer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wharfedale Powercube series subwoofer problem

This is a common fault on Powercube series. No sound until hard knock on the side, or the amp warms up. I have resoldered every connection twice, but it still does not work properly all time. New relay is also changed twice.
    The filter part works as I tested it with external amplifier.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-31-2021, 04:05 AM. Reason: Powercube series

Re: Wharfedale subwoofer problem

is the speaker cone faulty ? does the relay click ? did you check for cracked board and poked the components with a stick ?

Comment

Re: Wharfedale Powercube series subwoofer problem

The speaker is fine, I just replaced the amp with a Sony N55ES, but want to use the integrated amp. Relay clicks, but the sound appears after a couple of minutes. Mostly it works, but sometimes the sound "cracks" on, like faulty relay. I did knocking tests with a screwdriver, and that caused cut-offs, (or cut-on's).

Comment

There must be a crack in the board. If I knock it horizontally, the thing goes silent. If vertically, it starts again...

Comment

No crack in the board, it has two relays, the smaller one is hidden behind the big caps, it is the speaker relay and causes problems as it's the original. The meter showed strange things from its pins. Works with another one.
          Last edited by Xenon-Codex; 11-05-2021, 02:26 PM.

Comment

What the f... Sub is silent again. Starts to work after knocking or warm up.

Comment

Working...
            X