Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon scam: is there a useful hack to scan WITHOUT ink ? (Pixma MG 2550s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon scam: is there a useful hack to scan WITHOUT ink ? (Pixma MG 2550s)

just a question if I flash a bad firmware - say, one where I modified some bytes at random (there's only 1024 of them anyway so the ink-detection function must be in there somewhere) - will the printer be bricked for good or is it possible to restore it by reflashing with the original firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Urizen View Post
      just a question if I flash a bad firmware - say, one where I modified some bytes at random (there's only 1024 of them anyway so the ink-detection function must be in there somewhere) - will the printer be bricked for good or is it possible to restore it by reflashing with the original firmware?
      Hi Urizen .. Do you know why Canon insist on printing cartridges continuity ? , it's because , if you don't print at least one page each month , then the capillars eventually will dry and destroy the device . Are you willing to destroy the printer to keep scanning ? ..

Comment

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
        Hi Urizen .. Do you know why Canon insist on printing cartridges continuity ? , it's because , if you don't print at least one page each month , then the capillars eventually will dry and destroy the device . Are you willing to destroy the printer to keep scanning ? ..
        for reminder my initial intent is not to be able use the scanner while the ink cartridges are dry or empty, but to be able to use it without cartridges

but I didnt know Canon cartridges dry out
        what printer brands make cartridges that dont dry out? or is that a design flaw common to all printers?

Comment

for reminder my initial intent is not to be able use the scanner while the ink cartridges are dry or empty, but to be able to use it without cartridges

but I didnt know Canon cartridges dry out
          what printer brands make cartridges that dont dry out? or is that a design flaw common to all printers?

It's not the cartridges that dry out Urizen , as long as they're sealed , it's the capillaries inside the printer .

Comment

so are there any printers without that flaw?

Comment

so are there any printers without that flaw?
              Yes , the Printers type Laser cartridges , since they contain toner powder so there's no need to worry about running into dried or clogged ink . Laser printers that use toner cartridges print thousands of pages so you don't need to worry also about quick replacement .

Comment

Working...
              X