Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cap Identification please.

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    None of those pens will ever work as well as transformer soldering gun, it's just physics.
    A temperature controlled Weller or Metcal with a reasonably high mass tip would probably do OK. Not that Weller is cheap or Metcal is in any sense inexpensive.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I am not exactly sure what is reasonably high mass tip, but I use 2.5mm^2 solid copper wire for my 150VA gun.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I don't think its vrm out, so I would not risk 2.5v.

the 3.0 version of the board had the cap as a real polymer there, I think its a reg cap for that chip up there

the output vrm is lytics

http://static.nix.ru/autocatalog/mot.../53036_top.jpg
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

The image in that URL shows wet electrolytics, not polymers. Those are sleeveless Panasonic FL without a vent stamp. Behemot dissected some 6+ years ago.

The font on the failed 680uF 4V capacitors reminds me of Suncon (formerly Sanyo's electrolytic division). The font and vent stamp are both a match.

Comment

Seems like these custom short caps were quite common for a time of the 775 era. Always around the socket, under heatsink.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
            X