Fujitsu Scaleoview L22W-3 inverter fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fujitsu Scaleoview L22W-3 inverter fail

There's a time limit for editing. Just make another post and attach the pictures as asked.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Re: Fujitsu Scaleoview L22W-3 inverter fail

I found this thread a month a ago and was able to locate the problem by measuring the resistance and confirming that the part was faulty. I replaced the 8TC00332 transformer for £7. I was extremely pleased with this, until yesterday, when the screen started flickering to black, and now it will stay on for a few minutes and then go black, when it does I can turn it off to cool down and then it works again for a few minutes.

The secondary resistance is about 1.0 K between S1 and S2 (and S3 and S4) as it should be. The primary resistance is about 1.2 ohm between P1 and P2 ( and P3 and P4), it should be 0.3 ohm. Strangely, I can only make measurements when it is not connected to the secondary board or when the screen has gone black. If I make a measurement when it is all connected up I get a spark, and the screen goes momentarily blank. This happens even when only one of the probes from the multimeter touches either S1, S2 etc. I have ordered a new transformer, but I am not convinced it is the culprit. Any thoughts?
      Last edited by porterp74; 03-27-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X