sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

Good morning... I'm new here and have a LOT to learn.

I'm a rescue-er. I live in NYC and I don't even want to get started on the amout of stuff that makes it onto the curb, to be crushed and in a land fill, simply because our repair shops have been sold out and because - well, it's a disposable society... Anywho

I have 1 motorcycle, 3 Jaguars and a Porsche that were all headed to the crusher due to a couple handfuls of needed parts and a Lil Love,,, I'm hooked on the rescue. A member of several forums and a huge fan of DIY environments such as this one. Hats off to you all.... Anywho

I got my hands on a 70 inch Sharp TV. When I plug it in I get two slow blinks and two fast. Nothing on the screen and no sound. Thanks to this forum and y'all sharing your hard earned wisdom and experience I went ahead and ordered a used power supply board. I will be installing that after work. I have a DMM and will happily probe for measurements and expected voltages per you all's direction at any of the components you suggest, should this not be the fix.

As I said I have a lot to learn. Are there some key places I should be looking for specific voltages and,,,, that you can think of, should the "new" power board not be the issue?

Is there any more or other information that I need to supply?

Thanks in advance. Really!

Re: sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

Seems to indicate a powerboard issue, if it does the same with the new one, will have to look deeper. I certainly thank you as does the planet for doing your part to try to keep those landfills from overflowing. We need a lot more peeps with that kind of determination.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-24-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

You ordered a power board without checking any voltages?
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        I did,,, it cost me just 50bucks so I'll live with the mistake... I bought it based on reading this as a solution for the same or similar problems read here and other places.

Stull,,, I don't mind being scolded for my fool moves, lol. Jus say'n...

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
          And, to be plain honest - I didn't know which connectors or components to check. Not exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Seems to indicate a powerboard issue, if it does the same with the new one, will have to look deeper. I certainly thank you as does the planet for doing your part to try to keep those landfills from overflowing. We need a lot more peeps with that kind of determination.
            Thanks Man... I think it's important too!

I hope the board is the fix but nothing is ever as simple

Comment

LED flashing CODE ERROR
              Attached Files

Comment

link to the service manual
                https://elektrotanya.com/sharp_lc-60.../download.html

Comment

Thanks to you all.

Bad news, maybe... Now I've gone and done it?

So, I came home found the package with the new board on the porch. Installed it. TV came right on... Great! Hooked up the Roku. Went right into my account! Perfect! But no sound. I check audio settings and saw allllll "levels" had a dark gray circle with a slash thru it, indicating that changing them was not available and the buttons wouldn't allow me to scroll thru any of the bass, treble, balance etc.

Here's where I blew it. I went to do a factory reset with NO REMOTE and following a YouTube video I got to the section where it instructed to "hit/hold enter"... I had NO enter button, no remote. So I was stuck in the middle of the reset without being able to complete it. I sat there for a few looking stupid and finally just hit power and turned it off.

Now, TV will come on and not stay on. Goes off after about 5 seconds to one slow blink, one fast blink. Will not stay on. While it is on, for a short time, I can see input options and even all of the menu options for just a few seconds,,, but then it shuts to the blinking pattern described.

I can get it to go to the "K" and "reset" screen by holding the input and volume down buttons, can get it to curse thru items - to "factory INIT", can scroll to "on" "off" changes but NO enter option...

I've ordered a remote.

Worse,,, I think the biggest mistake is that I didn't update any firmware before getting stuck in the middle of the reset...

I'll wait for the remote of course - but what now?
                  Am I screwed?
                  Last edited by JayPoorJay; 01-24-2022, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JayPoorJay View Post
                    I've ordered a remote.
                    well if you connect yours TV with LAN to yours router.. on the google play many sharp remote can work via IR if the android mobile had one or via internet connection at same router.

Comment

Ok. I'm hearing you. But I think my problem now is I can't get to settih on the tv to sign in...? If so, how do I do that in my current situation?

Comment

Ok. I'm hearing you. But I think my problem now is I can't get to settih on the tv to sign in...? If so, how do I do that in my current situation?
                        just plug yout TV with LAN cabel to yours router.. and via yours android mobile go to google play and instal any of sharp aquos remote apk on yours mobile.

Comment

The TV is nowhere near my router and cable hookup. And it's big. Is there any other way at this point or do I just need to wait for the remote?

Comment

The TV is nowhere near my router and cable hookup. And it's big. Is there any other way at this point or do I just need to wait for the remote?
                            ohh man.. yours tech sorry to say close to 0. now yours tv hookedup with router.. .. turn on the tv using the side panel at the back.. the tv will take ip from the router. now your phone ( mobile ) go to google play market.. there are alot programm to be remote to sharp.. and all free... install any you like so you can control the tv via yours mobile program

Comment

Even if I were to plug a LAN line into the TV the tv is not staying on long enough to get into settings to supply a password, or would I need one if directly plugged in?

Next worry, is even with a remote (one that is not already paired with TV) how will I use it to press "enter" on that factory reset screen?

I think I messed up, what WAS going pretty good, pretty bad. This sucks.

Comment

plug it out from wall socket and plug out the lan with router...
                                go back to yours replacement boards and be sure all socket in place correct..
                                leave the set over night to drop down the electricity.. then try tomorrow again to turn it on

Comment

Ok... In the mean time,,, I can get it here (see pics). They are not easy to get a photo of.

As it is now I have no way to plug it into a LAN line.

I'll shut it down and unplug it. See what happens tomorrow.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll shut it down and unplug it. See what happens tomorrow.
                                    and wait for the remote before you turn it on again

Comment

BTW input are the inter command with side panel menu will be as back too sound + or - & program + &- could be use to move up or down.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok! I got it. Working in the factory reset screen area, holding down V down and Channel down,,, working real fast with the buttons on the side of the unit, I was able to work thru the menu to finally select "factory reset". After that, alllll functioning went back to normal. I now have sound and am able to connect to my home internet network. So far so good... Brother, thanks for you time and attention. All of y'all, actually. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                        X