This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm Carl and I stumbled on this forum while trying to figure out what went wrong with my Sharp Aquos LC-60LE810UN. I'm not really tv tech savvy, however, I'm not afraid to research, listen, and get my hands dirty. Last night watching a dvd the tv screen went dark and no sound. I had the 1-1 flashing on the inverted v and that was it. Reading posts here I held vol. down, channel up, and power simultaneously and now I have sound and dark screen with the faintest of a picture if you look closely and a solid power light on the inverted V. I can now turn the tv off & on normally w/o holding buttons down. Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA, Carl

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm here trying to fix my vizio tv and I hope to find some useful information. I'm not familiar with TV repairs I figure I'd give it a go before dishing out hundreds of dollars for a brand new tv. Hopefully with everyones help, all will go well.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Hello. I'm a software engineer from California with no experience with electrical hardware.

I'm hoping to fix my LG LCD TV that recently stopped working. I've found some youtube videos, articles, and this forum but have not diagnosed the root cause yet.

I'm hoping to find some help here. Thanks!

Comment

Hey my name is Billy. I'm family guy. Have a degree in CEET. Have knowledge in computers and other stuff. Happened on this site while looking for a little help on fixing my Samsung LCD tv. I know i will get it fixed. Just saying hello to everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone, first post like the rest of you.. badcaps looks like just the place for me. I am an Aussie IT guy with a questioning mind and a bad attitude to fully sealed tamperproof casing. I try to give everything a decent chance to be repaired or regroomed before turning it into land fill. I do have some background in electronics, though it is from the deep dark past when resistors wore sideburns. I have come here in the hope of repairing a faulty Eaton UPS (among other things) , and refreshing my mind with some new electronic theory.

Comment

Hello everyone just found and joined this forum, loos like there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum, oh ya reside in Canada

Comment

Hi all!
                Please help...I have a dell inspiron 1545 which is asking for an administrator password which I never got when I got the laptop. #GG33VJ1-595B
                THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Hi to all members.Greetings from CRETE.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?
                    My name is sdudd, I have repaired many lcd tv's all being bad caps, one was a really tiny fuse but that was the only one that was not bad caps, I love technology and electronics. I have read many pages here and keep coming back for more information. I will be posting in the TV area more cant wait to meet some like minded and great people here.

Comment

Hi.

I'm an mechanical engineer (and electronic amateur) from Spain. I enjoy doing repairs and I find this forum really useful to get the information and tips needed to do my repair.

Comment

Eugene from CA. Trying to fix a Sony kdlxbr2. Nice thread on it. Thanks

Comment

Hi im Adam

Comment

Thank you to all admin and users of this forum for allowing me access. I specialize in appliance and television repair with the obvious emphasis on the electronics side. I have seen and read numerous posts online from this site and felt it to be to my advantage to become part of this community and possibly share some of my knowledge.

Comment

Hello all
                              I stumbled on your site after doing a search trying to troubleshoot a temperamental lg tv. I'm a lover of learning, and frequently find myself scouring the Web for the knowledge it contains. Unfortunately, not all message boards are created equal, so I like to browse the threads on different forms to see if i can trust the information found there before I just start posting wily nily...bad caps members are courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly, and I like that you require individuals to introduce themselves before posting. It has a community atmosphere and makes me confident I will find what I'm searching for among it's members. Thanks for sharing your expertise, knowledge and time. ..

Comment

hi , i am new here, i am a mobile phone and gadgets technician. i want to learn more and searching thru google i stumbled here

hope i could be also of help to others.

thanks to all have a great day

Comment

Hi, let me post.

Comment

Greetings,

Newbie to the forum, looking to expand my knowledge in electronic repair, looking for help fixing my LG 42LG50 TV.

Great site M8's,
                                    Cheers!!

Comment

Hello, I am a computer scientist in Northern VA. I am some limited experience with circuitry. Hoping for some help diagnosing a Haier LCD Tv.

Comment

Hello, from Texas! Just a Master Guild Audi technician with R8 certifications, who loves to learn new tech to fix. Get tired of same old mechanical and electrical problems to fix in our cars these days so I fiddled with electronics from time to time since 5yrs ago when I fixed my old plasma TV when the screen went out! AND as we all know it had BADCAPS! Glad to find you guys and hope to learn a lot and hopefully one day be able to help a lot!

Comment

Hi Guys,
                                          My Names Smitthy, I love working with computers and most interestingly fascinated about the electronics bit. I came across this cool site when I was looking for ways to fix up a power supply unit of a pc that kept shutting down.
                                          I am crazy about learning about electronics in computing especially with the main-board and power supply units and etc..
                                          I know I will learn a lot from you guys....yeah thats about it....from me....Smitthy...

Comment

Working...
                                          X