Nice PSU in 1995 SCSI HDD box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice PSU in 1995 SCSI HDD box

I've bought 1995 external SCSI HDD box - not sure what I'll do with it but it was cheap If it was for 5.25" drive, it might be big enough to fit one of the small 486 boards I have - but it's only for 3.5" drives so I'll probably just put some SCSI drive inside.
    It has nice PSU - all caps are Nippon Chemicon except for the big one which seems to be Hitachi. The smaller caps are very close to the heatsinks but that's not a problem because there's a fan in front of them.
    That gray plastic thing on top of the front panel is removable - it's dust filter for the fan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rainbow; 12-26-2005, 03:16 PM.

Re: Nice PSU in 1995 SCSI HDD box

I have seen Hitachi capacitors before - http://www.hitachi-aic.com/english/e010.htm
    Hitachi apparently does not make low-ESR aluminium electrolytic capacitors, but these electrolytics are often made for large audio amplifiers, on-line UPS units and other industrial uses...

There are a few full-height 3.5" SCSI hard drives around, so I guess one of them would fit...
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I have standard size 2GB Fujitsu and Quantum (around 200MB IIRC) and a big 1GB IBM 0663L12

Comment

japlytic; Thank you very much for the info about the Hitachi caps, I was looking for their datasheet...
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
        X