X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 820 G2 bios needed

Originally posted by Chuck_Norris_2552 View Post
    Hello imranromi,

can you or somebody else remove the bios password of my elitebook 820 g2.

I have tried so many things and they all didnt work.

Just say what you need to do it. (Sorry I am a noob)

Thanks.
    Where is your bios file post here.

Comment

Here is the file.

I hope it's the right one

Did it with Bios Backup toolkit

Hope you can start something with it

Thanks
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-02-2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Norris_2552 View Post
        Here is the file.

I hope it's the right one

Did it with Bios Backup toolkit

Hope you can start something with it

Thanks
        Not right use bios programmer if have read and save other no have solution.

Comment

Hi all. I am one of the peson that has been helped by Imranromi and would like to thank him.
          By the way I would like to know what is the process of having the BIOS file cleaned up. Another member wrote me this...

"Ok real easy take your top half of your original file and merge it with the bottom half of either the update or donor file so let's say your bio's file is 8mb so the first 4mb merge to the other 4mb and you are done on most hp on newer ones pass words are stored in the kbc all doable just need the correct programmer to load the clean firmware and the last is the newer hex tool using disable code .
          Techman1025"

... is that true?

Comment

I also noticed that while file(bios dump) read from the chip is 16MB the update file downloaded from HP support area is 9 MB.
            I do not understand the difference here.
            Anybody can help?

Comment

Take working BIOS + Clear ME -> Machine is not in committed state
              Try HP Brand13 -> ME has been committed it can not be committed again Failed to commit Status = 80000000000007

How to fix????

Comment

Hi friends, can you help me with clear bios pass on HP 820 G2? Thank you very much!

Comment

Thank you, but isn't working video any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sojke View Post
                    Take working BIOS + Clear ME -> Machine is not in committed state
                    Try HP Brand13 -> ME has been committed it can not be committed again Failed to commit Status = 80000000000007

How to fix????
                    have you solved your problem.i have the same return error on a probook 450 G2 even with an unlocked mpm.

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                      have you solved your problem.i have the same return error on a probook 450 G2 even with an unlocked mpm.
                      Imranromi had the same problem as you,fixed by manually editing the DMI info . https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=52848&page=9
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

SMDFlea,thanks for your answer,but i did before on another unit with success but this keeps returning the same message whatever i do."ME has been committed it can not be committed again Failed to commit Status = 80000000000007".this with uncommited state and mpm unlocked.
                        Last edited by bachir2004; 10-16-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Can I ask for an unlock?
                          thanks in advance

Comment

In most cases you need to pull the chip they sell a clip so no need to pull chip off but I never had to much luck with it. Need a programmer like the t860 A around 100. On eBay with the correct adapters read chip save a copy the upload in you case I think you model has to chips main bios &EC . So what’s the problem . Password.
                            Techman1025

Comment

Hi all,

I have a tech question about BIOS manipulating. IAW the information I had from the forum it is quite easy to remove the password just merging the first half of the dump file with the second half of update/donor file. Fact is that I have a dump file that is 16 MB large and the original bin file from HP (let us say the N75 013 BIOS) that is a bin file 9 MB large.
                              That said, If I take half of dump file I'll have 8 MB, if I then take half of original BIOS I'll have 4,5 MB....so the total will be more or less - 12,5 MB - smaller than 16 MB but I see that the modified files are always 16 MB.
                              Is my understanding right or not?
                              Thank you for your help.

Comment

The file you downloaded from web (9 mb file) does not go on start of 16mb file, it goes to the end. Open 9 mb file in hex editor and scroll untill you find bytes that are not 0x00h... open 16mb file also and search first few bytes from 9mb file and then overrite 16mb file with 9mb file. It must fit, it must not be bigger or smaller than 16mb qnd thats it
                                Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Thank you for your kind and clear answer. I will try.
                                  Time ago I contacted HP for support and I received the smc.bin file from HP but the proceure did not work.
                                  I can provide the file to forum members for studying purposes if someone is interested.

Comment

hi need 820 g2 no admin password
                                    thanx

Comment

Hi, can you please clean the password bios?
                                      I attach my current file
                                      Thanks in advance

Comment

hey all can any one help for unclock theis dump
                                        for hp elitebook 820 g2
                                        thx for all

Comment

Thanks for the help. When i tried to write this file i got the following error "chip main memory with the contents are in disagreement" Screenshot is attached. Is it the file or am i doing something wrong?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X