Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio (E552VL): Works for about 10 seconds then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio (E552VL): Works for about 10 seconds then...

a really loud screech and it powers off. If I do not allow the tuner to lock on a station/channel the tv will stay on for as long as I continue to change the channel effectively preventing the tuner from locking onto a signal. However,when I stop changing the channel and it locks and I get audio/video signal about 5 seconds later SCCREEEECCCCHHH distorted image [random colors] then powers off.

The only other thing that I think is unusual is the illumination of the "Vizio" that changed from orange to white when powered on-this light completely goes dark when the TV is on. I thought the light was constant on (white) and orange when off but plugged in.

TV was working fine before we moved, so it was jostled around during transport and setup.

Sound like a main PCB or the PSU PCB?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Re: Vizio (E552VL): Works for about 10 seconds then...

Found someone with a similar problem who replaced both PSU and Main PCB and neither fixed the TV....

Comment

I don't know Vizio, them are not sold here, but check first inside for detached ferrite rings that were self adesive glued to screen chassis.. check if ther is a separate tuner board and if yes check all solderings inside, check dc dc convertors inside main board. Check for cracks in the boards or speakers connectors short to chasssis..

Comment

Finally got around to looking at this tv further. When watching movies on Vudu, Netflix or USB stick the TV works fine endlessly.

When watching with the tuner this is when it craps itself and powers off shortly after a minute and the image becomes completely scrambled.

Comment

If TV works on all other inputs that kind of says it all.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
          X