Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

Originally posted by TeslaMichael View Post
    Another T-con is inside and TV Shows at boot White big line and the rest is bright Green. But this is not a panel issue ?!?!?!
    If i remove one flex cable, the white odd line disappears. But still dverything Green. Old t-con showed green odd line on right side. Then random the panel flickers with some colors and comes on maybe for 1 second.
    New t-con turns off the TV after 3 seconds. And if i remove LVDS, i see again These horizontal lines coming slowly. But now the complete screen looks like that. And is also very bright.
    I haven't found a bulb yet. Then i have to buy one. But could be this still a PSU problem ?? I think not but we can't be sure 100%.
    And if it's important for you, the panel is not warm after trying. Also checked temperatures.
    Will add pictures. Sorry if i wrote something wrong, i'm writing from mobile.
    Can you upload some pictures of what your seeing on the screen

Comment

This shows the New T-con. The t-con has got also a metal Chip and not this plastic chip.
      Old t-con didn't Show this. With old t-con TV cames on sometimes. Monday he Was running for 3 minutes without problem. But had to try 20 Times before. And there were sometimes orange and other colored horizontal Lines. I uploaded a Video a few days ago with this issue.
      If i'm Home then i will add more pictures.
      Attached Files

Comment

If i remove one flex cable, the white odd line disappears. But still dverything Green.
        can you please tell me where you read or learned to remove one ribbon cable or LVDS on OLED ?

This shows the New T-con
        do you believe this replacment T-CON driver board are new ??

if you do as you like later you will lost the panel too. just advice.

now about the green. this happened when the T-CON driver boards defect. or its firmware didn't match the micom version at the main boards,

i would suggest first send In-STOP with replacement t-con.. hopefully the temp data can write t-con again... or as i know you had replaced the main boards before... try download the last firmware and update the LG

you can do this first to yours original t-con as it show better result than this scrap

Comment

Okay, i will put original T-con back and i won't touching anymore the ribbon cables. Yes i did it once with in-stop, but i had to remove LVDS cable because he wouldn't turn on with this replacement t-con. Did in-stop and after that i reconnected the cable and t-con, it shows the same.
          I don't know if it's new.

Is there a PC Tool to update the TV without screen?

Comment

Okay, i will put original T-con back and i won't touching anymore the ribbon cables. Yes i did it once with in-stop, but i had to remove LVDS cable because he wouldn't turn on with this replacement t-con. Did in-stop and after that i reconnected the cable and t-con, it shows the same.
            I don't know if it's new.

Is there a PC Tool to update the TV without screen?
            for both points i bold marked.. IN_STOP command its not only for MB.. its to T-CON too.. because the firmware of the TV had one part saved on the T-CON driver boards.. so any sending command or update with out LVDS are ZERO EFFECT.

but you can disconect the 24V line between the PCB and T-CON.. the set will remain on and lvds should be in place... the command IN_STOP will reach the T-CON
            Last edited by Diah; 01-14-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Oh okay, i will try this. Good to know!
              I'm on my way to home

Comment

On original t-con i just found this in the Lvds connector
                Attached Files

Comment

is the lvds cable ok?

Comment

did this plastic brocken and goes to the right side blocking the first pin ? you need to fix it if so and one time only plugg it and never play with again

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                      is the lvds cable ok?
                      no its the socket clip on the t-con... but i want to know which one the top one or the second one to see which pin. we may able to by pass

Comment

Attached Files
                        Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-14-2022, 01:27 PM. Reason: Forgot image

Comment

Oops two posts, how can i delete one ?

Comment

This is this site
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is this site
                              with Needle push it from this point to its place ,, be sure only it didnt block the first pin. see photo
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yes i think this should be ok
                                Attached Files

Comment

plug the lvds straight 180° to avoid it move again to side... then turn on who knows it could run more than 3 minutes as last time.... if it run and it show u first install screen... do in stop again.

Comment

Okay, will try it. Hope it works

Comment

Powered on, tv was on first install screen, but before screen appears there always appears a bit of green color on right side, also a odd line moving down. after it reached the end, i saw the loading screen but also a lot of orange lines flickering. After that it turns off. I did in_stop without 24v power cable because he turns off. all screen cables are in place. Can look tomorrow again for the TV. I have a bad feeling..
                                      Attached Files

Comment

did you damaged again ribbon cable or the LVDS lol

Comment

For me it looks normally, no cracks, no missing pin. got also these cables additional with the another "trash" T-Con. LVDS should also be OK, but the seller of it bended it really hard in the middle when it arrived.
                                          Last edited by TeslaMichael; 01-14-2022, 02:54 PM. Reason: More information

Comment

Working...
                                          X