Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony XBR-65X900C Sporadic Issues

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
    I did check the 5V off the USB just for sheets and greens.

I initially got a solid 5V reading but then it faded and went to wild fluctuations.. This was on the 55X TV...

I didn't get a 5V again, even when the Power LED showed it was "on"...

I get the exact same cycles on the 55X that I did on the 65X..

Power LED comes on, fades,comes on, fades, then comes on real bright, then fades, then an orange/green LED.. Interesting to note that, the longer I let it cycle, the more orange/green flashes I see.. Starts off with 1 of each, after a few mins, 2 of each etc etc..

I also noticed that the Optical Audio laser only comes on for a brief moment. In a working environment, the red laser usually stays on all the time.

So, I am guessing I got a bad board..
    Ah... but... sorry if I don't understand, this is the result with the "new" card put in either the 65 or 55... right? If so, you can confirm these "results" by putting back the working 55 card in the 55 and see what you see.

It is quite likely that the "new card" is bad but again, this "playing around" was intent to see if you could locate a replaceable component on the card as opposed to shelling out the $300... at least that was my hope. :-)

Comment

Yea, that's with the "new" card...

Let me put the working board back in and repeat the check..

One sec

Comment

Yea, the working board in the 55X gives me a solid 5V off the USB...

Comment

OK... you might want to carefully see if you can track where that 5v is coming from / being switched or otherwise. You could do this visually or via a meter (again carefully). You might get lucky and find a component along the way... and then check to see if similar / same component exists on the "bad cards".... maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
            OK... you might want to carefully see if you can track where that 5v is coming from / being switched or otherwise. You could do this visually or via a meter (again carefully). You might get lucky and find a component along the way... and then check to see if similar / same component exists on the "bad cards".... maybe.
            Will backtrace the 5v and see what I can see..

Thanx

Comment

Well, it's been a long and winding road..

But at the end of it.. SUCCESS!!!

A nice nifty 65" Sony Android TV...

A replacement board did the trick..

Again, I want to thank everyone that chimed in.. All the help was VERY much appreciated..

Comment

Good to hear.
                Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-30-2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  your TV issue are communication between ram and main processor i think.. as you plug it with LAN all recommend apps and smart apps loading and they occupied the ram so there are no more space to let the firmware run. CPU are responsible to clear the ram and load other script. you can repeat this methode how much you can till clear it.. this will never harm the set at all. other wise you need to reflow the cpu or ram.
                  Happy new year Diah, so if I do this like 10 times, it should clear out the ram? the more it's done the more room available til it's clear, about how many times you think should clear it if so? thanks.

Comment

I have voltage on the bl error pin on the ld board, does that mean its strictly a backlight issue or can the ld board itself be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X