Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOSHIBA 37CV505D TV turns on and then off

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    Bummer, here amazon sends them out in 2 days.
    The ccfl tester you linked i just looked on amazon uk march the 25th delivery to the uk sometimes ebay have uk sellers who have them in stock but about double the price.

Comment

That's one thing amazon did right, they have distribution warehouses all over the states, so they get orders out in 1 or 2 days usually, for prime, the guy in charge must hate to wait for a delivery like most of us do.

Comment

I have one of these, want to see inside one ? Notice the loose nut on the back of the connector, a sure sign of quality QC, it's tight now. I did try and identify the 8 pin chip but there are no markings or sanding marks.
        If you're in a rush you're welcome to borrow or buy mine. I'll seal it back up with plastic weld so it will be better than new.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by diif; 01-29-2022, 07:05 AM.

Comment

They all look alright to me without testing them. CN1 has continuity on the two pins next to each other at the bottom and with all the CCFL's on this side and also with the connector plug that goes to the inverter board.
          And on the other side CN101 has continuity with all the CCFL's on this side and with the connector plug that goes to the inverter board.
          Attached Files

Comment

Just sent for a tester should be here by Mar 10

Comment

My CCFL Tester arrived today so I tested all the lamps individually and they all test good with a nice white light.

Comment

ok, what was the result of the test in post #36?

Comment

thinking if the boosted pfc is there and it's not a bad connection in the backlight circuit then maybe the inverter/balancer board is to blame.

Comment

you already tried to start up the powerboard with jumpers while it was disconnected from the mainboard to see if the backlights would come on, right?

Comment

I'm getting 379v when first turning on and 319v when it clicks off. I haven't tried to start up the powerboard with jumpers because I wasn't sure where to connect a jumper

Comment

just recently had a samsung ccfl tv that kept clicking off after a few seconds, problem was just a bad solder joint or two, you sure all yours are good?

Comment

Working...
                        X