sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp LC70EQ10U 2 slow, 2 fast blinks

good work.. open the menu setting and under picture setting show here the backlight setting of your tv

BTW: as your tv work now.. with yours DMM put the probe - &+ on each group Led- & and Led+ write down the value.. look to me the black color group some how different
    Last edited by Diah; 01-31-2022, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Yes. With tv on and image displayed
      Red = 232-238v
      Blue = 224 - 226,7v
      Black = 216 - 218v

The backlight setting pic below. The TV is turned around and hard to get a good picture of...

Including a picture of the second plug (there are only 2) off the power board. Other plug is for the LEDs...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JayPoorJay View Post
        Red = 232-238v
        Blue = 224 - 226,7v
        Black = 216 - 218v
        ohhh my nick hurt by your photo,,, lol
        the setting okay..

but this above value reading are you sure.. you put DMM black probe on each group LED- and the Red probe on each group Led+ ???

Comment

No... But will do it now.
          I placed the black lead/probe on the CHASSIS of the TV...

New values. The grounds are WHITE (see photo) above so black probe to white... Then:
          Red = 212v
          Blue = 203
          Black = 196

Is it possible that the LED strips are different lengths and have differ #s of LEDs on each?

Comment

post clear photo of LED driver boards to see how many caps and circuit diagram

Comment

Let me know if these are ok...!

Note: this is the old power board. I replaced it. I cannot get a clear shot of the new one on the tv now because,,, well - see photo.

Then, the main board...? Still not sure of the boards.

ALSO, and important. Voltages fluctuate depending on what's on the screen. Just took some new readings while something else was "playing" on the set and the numbers were going up and down. BUT, the differences in the numbers were/are about the same.
              Attached Files

Comment

hold on never messure again any pin of LED socket... wait for me

EDIT: strips all same amount.
                group 1 pin red 1 & 3 ----- they have fault
                group 2 pin blue 5 & 7 ----- they have fault
                group 3 pin black 9 & 11 ----- are fine

the issue happened as following;
                when you power on the TV and at time the logo SHARP displayed the Backlight turn on high round 80% or more the 2 fault strips pull high currents then MB turn all BL off.

there are way to adjust the start logo BL brightness at service menu.. but with my poor English i will not involve in service menu with you. as its very risk section. hope some one native English speaker could help you ... or walk on the nightmare way -- buy 3 strips and take screen apart.
                Last edited by Diah; 01-31-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  hold on never messure again any pin of LED socket... wait for me

EDIT: strips all same amount.
                  group 1 pin red 1 & 3 ----- they have fault
                  group 2 pin blue 5 & 7 ----- they have fault
                  group 3 pin black 9 & 11 ----- are fine

the issue happened as following;
                  when you power on the TV and at time the logo SHARP displayed the Backlight turn on high round 80% or more the 2 fault strips pull high currents then MB turn all BL off.

there are way to adjust the start logo BL brightness at service menu.. but with my poor English i will not involve in service menu with you. as its very risk section. hope some one native English speaker could help you ... or walk on the nightmare way -- buy 3 strips and take screen apart.
                  Ok. I'll Google how to adjust the power at start up... Are you saying that that is the ONLY thing shutting this tv down?

How can we get more people on this thread? Members who have a bit more English?

Comment

Ok. I'll Google how to adjust the power at start up... Are you saying that that is the ONLY thing shutting this tv down?

How can we get more people on this thread? Members who have a bit more English?
                    puling high currents at start up are knowing issues early time now days being changed,

from the photo i see the tv with out back cover.. if this case its stay always so.. there are small old trick to let the set didn't go to shutdown BL at start up.i used it even with modern LED TV if wont go to boot some time.

use any table lamp which it work with normal filament bulb. . the table lamp should be on and it wire we connect in series circuit with (LED-) which it pull high current in yours case the while cable of pin 3 or 7 or 11. start with cable pin 3 cut it and connect the table lamp wire in series circuit with it.. old trick from CRT time but remain effective.

Comment

I don't feel experienced enough for that...

I know you said not to. But I just restarted the tv 3x and took readings each time a the 3 plugs. At start up they ALL went to about 240v and then, once the image came up on the screen, they settled to about 160v... The TV is on and playing at this point.

I'm not sure (at all) what to do now.

Comment

I don't feel experienced enough for that...

I know you said not to
                        . But I just restarted the tv 3x and took readings each time a the 3 plugs. At start up they ALL went to about 240v and then, once the image came up on the screen, they settled to about 160v... The TV is on and playing at this point.

I'm not sure (at all) what to do now.
                        you had just now approved the subject i am talking on with yours measurements ( pulling high currents at start up )

table lamp method are yours answer for more 2 years or more working until you find other one to save the global from trash

Comment

What can cause or does cause voltage spikes in the BLights?

Comment

Working...
                          X