Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Nothing labeled fs that I can see on top of board, there's some labeled fb, should I rip it out and check bottom of board, that's where I have the tiny resistors reading short.

Comment

I'll rip the board back out and report all shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Nothing labeled fs that I can see on top of board, there's some labeled fb, should I rip it out and check bottom of board, that's where I have the tiny resistors reading short.
        yes Fb. my typo. i dont thnk you have short.. its much open circuit at primary because the main fuse didnt blow up since yours Main filter caps blowing out. i think R.J are good at this part to follow. hope he join and help you

Comment

Looks like about 6 tiny resistors are reading short, one near D950A, D950A reads good. There's 5 tiny resistors around D901 and IC901 reading short, the labels on the resistors that I was able to read were 3R3, 3R6, 4R4Z as far as my eyes can tell, don't have 20/20 vision any more, thanks.

Comment

Ok, checking fb, thanks.

Comment

3R3, 3R6, 4R4Z are fuseable R low Ohm. they are not short.

Comment

All fb on top of board show continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  3R3, 3R6, 4R4Z are fuseable R low Ohm. they are not short.
                  Oh, ok, thanks.

Comment

Dam that's a relief, I couldn't change those out, too tiny.

Comment

free the legs of the MOFSET under the heatsink. then test .. it could be one are open.

Comment

Can you see the label on that mosfet, the number, is it Qxx something?

Comment

Oh crap, did you mean all of them? big job.

Comment

Oh crap, did you mean all of them? big job.
                            start with the 2 close to the IC and main filter cap place.. by the way which value of filter cap you bridge to the boards?

Comment

two of the 450 v, 220uf.

Comment

two of the 450 v, 220uf.
                                the original was 2x110 uf, it mean 1 x220uf enough

Comment

dam those mosfets are in deep, can I just clip a leg and check or do I need all the legs out of circuit? if so does it matter which single leg I clip? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                    the original was 2x110 uf, it mean 1 x220uf enough
                                    Wasn't sure if I needed to put 2 caps back in so I replaced the 2 570v 110uf with the 2 450 220uf, you think that's messing things up?

Comment

Wasn't sure if I needed to put 2 caps back in so I replaced the 2 570v 110uf with the 2 450 220uf, you think that's messing things up?
                                      yes 100%

Comment

Should I take one out, if so can I just test with the one still in and nothing in the other spot? thats what I wasnt sure about, thanks.

Comment

Should I take one out, if so can I just test with the one still in and nothing in the other spot? thats what I wasnt sure about, thanks.
                                          the 2 original caps are connected together at - and + so the value of 2x 110uf = 220uf. so 1x220uf will be enough, take one out and leave the other on correct position of - & +

Comment

Working...
                                          X