"Please go into service mode and set" message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Please go into service mode and set" message

Good day folks. I have a seemingly easy problem on my hands here, but just can't find what I need. It's a Samsung ue46es6530 and every time I turn it on I get a message saying "Please go into service mode and set below options. Type, Local Set, Front Color Option". The thing operates normally if I just click OK and bypass the message, but it shouldn't happen to begin with. The reason I say it seems easy is because all I'd need to do is either reprogram the EEPROM or indeed set those options, but neither of these work: can't find a dump and those options are grayed out (poor quality picture there, I know - it was zoomed in since I had the cable already plugged into the phone and didn't want to go through the whole loading process again just to download one photo)....what to do ? Any thoughts ? Perhaps someone can provide a dump or some tips. Cheers and thanks.
    Attached Files
    Wattevah...

Re: "Please go into service mode and set" message

Search on sammygo for 3speed command.
    Then you can enter deep in service menu and set required.

Comment

https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?tit...%2B3SPEED_keys

Comment

Found that article a little while ago just before you replied Now, admitting I DO get in there, what do I set them to? I can't figure out how the panel type is determined. I mean right now I have 46R1AF6E there. 46 makes sense (it's the diagonal in inches and the same as the TVs model), but where do I derive the other info from ? I took pictures of everything just to be safe

I already made a cock-up, excuse the language, by trying to erase the ATMLH214 chip which resulted in the TV showing me the smart TV logo and then rebooting over and over....I managed to resurrect it SOMEHOW by messing around with the SDA-SCL pins on the board and shorting those to VCC until the TV finally came on.....NEVER do that again
        Wattevah...

Comment

This might show how to get in there, don't know what the values should be. https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?tit...3_simple_steps

Comment

You touch only what you need is service menu.
            Can\t remember what's required
            Locale set front color type

Comment

It must be some sort of a well kept secret or someone here would know it, you would think.

Comment

That was my original concern: not knowing what they should be set at. On what IC is this info stored exactly ? I read something about a WellTrend IC, which I indeed located in the bottom-right of the board...I was hoping I'd be able to remove the IC, replace it with a new one and not lose this original semi-functional configuration (which turns on despite the error message), but seeing the IC I doubt that's possible, plus I'd need a way to copy the info from it onto the replacement chip and mess with that one and the cost would outweigh the result...
                Wattevah...

Comment

That is MICOM
                  Dont't touch until is really needded otherwise you'll get a brick
                  And need to be reprogrammed again.

Comment

Then it's probably stored on the ATMLH IC I messed around with and almost bricked the thing...very dedicated and hard to find those chips...no datasheet, no nothing...
                    Wattevah...

Comment

Just an I2C eeprom
                      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...6af683d34e.pdf
                      See on page 12 marking example.

Comment

Makes me wonder my programmer didn't read it properly...actually it DID read something off of it, but when I tried erasing it it told me it's not empty and then when I tried writing back what I saved onto it anyway, it would give me an error saying "chip and contents are in disagreement", or something along those lines, though this varies from programmer to programmer of course....could be that the chip itself is faulty. Given it's similar to a 24c512, I could technically replace it with one of those...
                        Wattevah...

Comment

Ok, I managed to get the TV up and running...a series of fortunate events happened, so let me see if I can remember them all so I can run you through I first found a replacement EEPROM, erased it correctly this time (the software was set to 5v instead of 3.3v, if that makes a difference) and installed it onto the board. Just like before, the error message popped up, but this time I was determined to get in there and set the SOB to what it's supposed to be. I took an LG G3 I had lying around, since my Galaxy S3 doesn't have an IR blaster, installed the app from the link you guys provided, got into the super-duper-mega unlocked service menu and manually set those options it was asking for. For the region, I just took a guess and set it to EU Germany....don't know if that's right, but my exact country isn't listed, so I picked the closest option (plus when I was a little kid, I had a TV tuner installed in my PC and my dad told me to leave the region set to Germany, so I coupled with that info too ). The TV now works correctly, though I haven't tried searching for channels yet to see if that works. Other than that, perfect. Changing the IC was all optional though, since I highly doubt that was the critical factor - setting those options is what actually got it going. Cheers guys.
                          Wattevah...

Comment

Well done, nice work.

Comment

Working...
                            X