Panasonic P50S30 SC board pins 1-3 Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic P50S30 SC board pins 1-3 Short

I'm aware pin 3 is ground, but pin 1 is shorted to pin 3 even when not mounted to the machine. It's happening on the original board as well as the ordered replacement board. TV is giving 14 blinks. I'm trying to troubleshoot the machine and thought I'd figured it out when I found a pin that wasn't labeled as ground (Pin 1) shorted to ground, but now I'm just trying to verify if I have two boards with the same fault or if that's how the board is designed and I'm looking in the wrong area.

Re: Panasonic P50S30 SC board pins 1-3 Short

Pin 1-3 of what? What connector are you referring to?

This TV has common failure of SC board. I implore you to search this model TC-P50S30 as well as others such as TC-P50ST30 and TC-P50G30 and TC-P50GT30 as these solutions have been posted many times.

I have no doubt your solution will be to test ALL the IGBTs, specifically [Q401, Q402, Q403], [Q421, Q422, Q423], [Q621, Q622, Q623]. Don't worry about the diodes marked with a "D". They are almost never the problem.

I placed each parallel set of 3 in brackets [].

Remove one at a time with simultaneous heat from bottom of board, and direct solder, or hot air from top.

In any TV I have repaired, I usually replace 6 IGBTs. Sometimes the 7.5ohm gate resistors (small green resistors on each IGBT gate) may be bad, but most often they are ok.

Comment

Re: Panasonic P50S30 SC board pins 1-3 Short

Good point, I didn't clarify and I appreciate you calling me out on it. On SC board connector from main power, indicated by the white connector on the right hand side of the attached image, as indicated by the poorly drawn red circle. The only two pins on the connector are pin 1 and pin 3. I'll look into the areas you suggested in the meantime if I'm able to locate them. I only have an old solder gun at the moment as far as a way to heat up connections, so hopefully that won't be too rough on the board.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X